MusicBrainz hex value listed for artist name

The above photo shows what I am seeing and I am not really sure what is causing this. I have tagged my music using MusicBrainz Picard and for some artists, Kodi will display MusicBrainz's MusicBrainz ID. After doing a bit of digging, this does not point to the same artist like I thought. Putting in the MBID for 80c3bce9-0b54-409c-aa10-3b0c7dbbc597 actually takes me to the composer of the album.

Simon Rattle

Is there a way I can get Kodi to ignore these MBIDs that don't have an actual artist name?

NOTE: When I turn off the option to show artists that only appear on individual tracks (basically making Kodi display by Album Artist instead of by Artist) it will get rid of the first Igor Fyodorovitch, but does not get rid of the corredponding MBID.
Should only show involved persons with role set to artist or album artist, so suspect tagging errors. Would need to see the tags in one of the files causing this.

scott s.
It looks like that the MBID shows up for all tracks under the tag "MusicBrainz Release Artist ID." For comparison, 80c3bce9-0b54-409c-aa10-3b0c7dbbc597 does not show up for any track under "MusicBrainz Artist ID." Does Kodi load from Release Artist ID instead of Artist ID?
(2016-09-08, 23:56)P-Worm Wrote: It looks like that the MBID shows up for all tracks under the tag "MusicBrainz Release Artist ID." For comparison, 80c3bce9-0b54-409c-aa10-3b0c7dbbc597 does not show up for any track under "MusicBrainz Artist ID." Does Kodi load from Release Artist ID instead of Artist ID?

You call it a bug, but without seeing a debug log who can tell what is causing this, post the debug log to pastebin and share the link here, then maybe someone can help you properly.
Not a bug realy, the issue is your tagging.

Kodi needs the number of artists names in the ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST tag to match the number of mbid in the related mbid tags (or to be disambiguated using ARTISTS and ALBUMARTISTS tags). Kodi is showing the mbid because it has not been able to identify the artist name.

Since you used Picard I suspect the problem will be the ALBUMARTIST tag because Picard unfortunately does not add an ALBUMARTISTS (note the s) tag by default.

You don't say what version of Kodi you are using, v17 will be more robust in this respect.

Since it isn't a bug, and isn't scraper related I took the liberty of editing the thread title.
Thanks for your help. Doing some more digging, I came across this post that seems to have fixed my problem:

198670 (thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MusicBrainz hex value listed for artist name0