how to set up iptv
(2016-09-22, 23:38)milan53 Wrote: could you please be more specific? xmltv format - is it the same as xml which I use now no pvr simple client?
what do you mean copy of tv_grab_file? i have found something in /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/bin
when i tried to to copied it to usr/bin it faild :/
I rather need tutorial step by step
A quick internet search for "tv_grab_file" gives a great big header box linking to tv-grab-file on GitHub. You really cannot expect help if you are not going to any work yourself. But, since hand-holding does seem required:
  1. Clone the GitHub repository, save the "tv_grab_file" script where Tvheadend can find it and make it executable:
    Code:
    $ cd
    $ git clone https://github.com/Rigolo/tv-grab-file
    $ cd tv-grab-file
    # cp tv_grab_file /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
    # chmod +x /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
  2. Edit the "tv_grab_file" to point to where your XMLTV formatted file is (the relevant part is on line 7 of "tv_grab_file"):
    Code:
    # nano /usr/bin/tv_grab_file
    Change "~/.xmltv/tv_grab_file.xmltv" to wherever your XMLTV is. It is probably best to use the full path.
  3. Restart Tvheadend, so that it will rescan the directories looking for XMLTV grabbers.
  4. In Tvheadend's configuration, go to the listing of EPG grabber modules: Configuration > Channel / EPG > EPG Grabber Modules
  5. Find the listing for "Internal: XMLTV: tv_grab_file"
  6. Select it, and on the settings for it on the right, check the box next to "Enabled"
Thx for your advice. I am using tvheadend ony rpi (libreelec) and i think that /bin folder is read only but i will try this. At least i have point where to start. Thank you
(2016-09-23, 16:03)milan53 Wrote: Thx for your advice. I am using tvheadend ony rpi (libreelec) and i think that /bin folder is read only but i will try this. At least i have point where to start. Thank you
If root (indicated as the user to run the commands by the "#" prompt in the examples) cannot write to /usr/bin, then you have other issues with your setup.

Also, Open/LibreELEC do not provide a full Linux OS, so adding utilities beyond what the base system provides can be difficult. (They also have been known to change the filesystem layout and ship different defaults for Kodi than what the Kodi developers have set.) Because OE/LE are such limited OSes and modified forms of Kodi, if you need help with them, I recommend checking their forums.
i tried to ask for help on libreelec and tvhedeadend forum. but without luck. i have strange problem. I cant play some hd streams :/ but when i go to webinterface and play the stream from browser the channels strats to work on kodi as well. but when i close the browers channel stops on kodi :/ any idea? sometimes i get message no free adapter avaliable (but i am using iptv thats confusing me) thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to set up iptv0