Subtitles aren't downloaded while connected through VPN
Hi

I am using Kodi on Linux Mint and I'm using PIA (PrivateInternetAccess) VPN. I am able to download add-ons, but when trying to search for subtitles (OpenSubtitles in particular), I get no results. When I disconnected from the VPN it works.
How can I configure it to work properly with PIA?

Thanks
Debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Log demonstrating this issue can be found here: http://pastebin.com/XppRvzz2
Anyone? Am I the only one seeing this problem?
All I see in your log is two lines saying "failed to connect to service for subtitle search".

Perhaps turn on verbose logging for libCurl?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-09-21, 07:08)nickr Wrote: All I see in your log is two lines saying "failed to connect to service for subtitle search".

Perhaps turn on verbose logging for libCurl?

Sure, how can I do that?
In the debugging section of settings there is an option to turn on/off specific logging details.
Log with libcurl in verbose mode : http://pastebin.com/C9fFKzzp
I don't see any difference, maybe you experts can see better ?
I'm having the exact same Problem.
I just setup my VPN using the VPN Manager add-on.
While I tried to find subtitles both subtitle add-on came up with "No subtitle found".

It was weird so I disabled the VPN and the results show up.

Im using latest LibreElec 7.0.2.
I also having the same issues.
I using a NUC computer with VPN from PIA.
When it is on, Kodi can not find/check new films in the database to download cover etc. and it is not possible to search subtitles.
As soon as I turn of the VPN it works.

anny ideas?
Problem still exists? Same here, Win10, Kodi 18, VPN Manager, IPVanish. Opensubtitle IP blackout?
Our current VPN policy (wiki) applies now - as Kodi doesn't need. a VPN to operate, we do not support such usage here.

Thread moved to off topic
| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | VPN policy (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows |

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles aren't downloaded while connected through VPN00