Compilation Albums (and Anthologies)
I'm using the Linux version, nightly 20161004, so not sure if that includes your changes or if they're only in the Windows nightly. To be honest I don't really use compilations for playlists and things, so just trying to help as I'm using the nightlies at the moment.

1, I don't use the compilation tag, but do use various artists as the album artist for collections of singles (Assorted 90's, Assorted 00's, etc). These are all being picked up under the Compilations sub-menu. I have some anthology type albums, mainly live concerts, and those are not in the compilation sub-menu list. I think this is how it is intended to be isn't it?
2. Nothing seems broken to me, so if that was the main test I think you've passed.
3. I don't understand the flag for smart playlists rule. I've tried various smart playlists with Album as the media type or Album as the rule, and I don't see any options for compilation. Sorry.
Thanks for feedback Paul, always welcome. The 20161004 nightly does contain the first PR (adjusting the compilation logic to include anthologies) but not the PR that changes smart playlists. So in detail

1). Anthology type compilations could now appear in the Compilations node if all the songs are marked as compilation (tagged with COMPILATION = 1). Since they don't appear I suspect that yours are not. That is fine, it may be your choice not to see them as compliations, but could you possibly have a look at the tags for a few anthologies and see if that is the case.

2). Cheers Smile

3). Too quick! This change has not been approved and merged yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compilation Albums (and Anthologies)0