Kodi 17 - Windows 10 - Speaker Correction DSP Module Hangs Kodi
Bug 
Windows 10 Pro x64
Kodi 17 - nightly from 9/11/2016

Looks like the speaker correction DSP module does not like my system.

This module works just fine under Jarvis 16.1

debug logs follow...

note: all DSP binary add ons are enabled for testing

log with all modules enabled in DSP manager except speaker correction module is disabled.

log with all modules enabled in DSP manager
log with just speaker correction module enabled in DSP manager
Hopefully this helps you track down the bug/cause/fix Big Grin

let me know if you need me to test anything for you or if I need to open a bug report

Thanks,

Mario
Thx for reporting.
Can you try this testbuild: KodiSetup-20160622-ebc3d2e-V2.exe?
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
(2016-09-12, 08:16)wisler Wrote: Thx for reporting.
Can you try this testbuild: KodiSetup-20160622-ebc3d2e-V2.exe?

Sure,

I am about to go to bed but will test for you asap tomorrow and post results.

Question:

I see the v2 build you posted has a date of 6/22. Just want to make sure you caught that I used tonight's build for my testing.

If so then I am guessing that v2 has yet to make it into the kodi 17 nighties?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Mario
Sure, no hurry :-)

The v2 build contains patches from for AudioDSP, which are not available in nightles these days. But they are not ready for latest nightlies. Hopefully I can finish them during the next month.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
Ok,

Installed your Kodi v2 application.

Here is log with all DSP modules enabled:

http://pastebin.com/PbJe7pXu

Playback worked without hanging the app.

Noticed that all settings are now moved to Audio DSP Settings.

Tried to open all the settings panels of the modules installed - they appeared to work as expected.

So - I am guessing the problem I am having will eventually be fixed when this new code gets merged into the current master (Krypton) branch?

If so good to know - I really don't need this for my personal use right now - I actually ran into this bug when I was updating / fixing DialogParametricEQ.xml for the Krypton branch of the Titan skin.

While on the topic of skinning - I see references to Window(OSDAudioDSPSettings) but did not find an xml file - just curious since eventually will need to deal with customizing it for the skin.

Let me know if you need me to do any more testing, open any official bug reports, etc.

Thanks for your help!

Mario
Forgot to ask about these entries in the debug log:

Code:
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.modetype) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.volumeamplification) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.menumaster) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.menupostproc) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.menuresample) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.menupreproc) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.menumisc) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.menuinfo) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.main.makedefault) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.postproc.delay) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.proc.menu_0) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.inputchannels) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.inputchannelnames) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.inputsamplerate) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.outputchannels) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.outputchannelnames) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.outputsamplerate) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.cpuusage) was not found.
03:57:28 T:9304   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audiodsp.info.modecpuusage_0) was not found.

I saw them both in v2 and the latest nightly - just wanted to point them out in case they were something else but unrelated to theissue in the OP.

Thanks again for all your hard work! Smile

Mario

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 - Windows 10 - Speaker Correction DSP Module Hangs Kodi0