How to startup or default to "TV"?
Rainbow 
OK so... I got a wetek play openelec box running kodi. It's a great machine.

But one thing... is, I want this device, when turned on... to default to starting up in the "TV" menu. So I don't have to navigate over to "TV", and click on it.

Ideally... I want it to default to starting on "TV-->Channel-list".

ALSO... I want it so that if the screen dims, let's say after 10 mins of inactivity... it defaults to the channel list.

This way... let's say I'm fooling around doing something else... then decide I'm finished... turn off my physical-television but leave the kodi-device on... I come back to it, I find i'm at the TV-channel-list, just like I wanted.

Is this possible? Do I need a skin or add-on for this? What keywords would I even search for...

I think a lot of people would want this... to default to "Watch live TV" so... it shold be built-in really... or at least have a feature so you can CHOOSE where your startup/default screen is set to... for example if someone uses netflix a lot, maybe he'd like it to default to there... Actually most OS's can choose "default apps to launch at startup"... MacOSX and Windows can do it... so I'd hope Kodi can do this too.

Nod
Settings -> Appearance -> startup window. Choose the one you want.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
or in case you're running Kodi Krypton v17:
Settings > Interface > Other > Startup window
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-09-12, 13:22)black_eagle Wrote: Settings -> Appearance -> startup window. Choose the one you want.

thanks black_eagle and ronnie Smile

Does this work for "startup" and for "resume from dimmed screen" or just on startup?
startup only.

there's no resume from dimmed functionality in kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
its actually under settings, INTERFACE, startup, perform on startup, play tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to startup or default to "TV"?0