Android Nexbox a95x
I have the Nexbox A95X with Amlogic S905X, Android 6 and Kodi 16.1. AV Receiver is Denon 1912 and TV Sony 55HX755. I use HDMI passthrough and have the followeing problems:

1. The Video Output is 1080p 60hz and I can't set 1080p 50hz or 1080p 24hz. When I set 1080p 50hz or 24hz in Options, my TV still has 1080p 60 hz. Whats the reason?

2. I have problems with Dolby Digital 5.1 on DVD ISOs. There is sound stuttering every few seconds.
(2016-09-12, 17:02)Schuhmi Wrote: I have the Nexbox A95X with Amlogic S905X, Android 6 and Kodi 16.1. AV Receiver is Denon 1912 and TV Sony 55HX755. I use HDMI passthrough and have the followeing problems:

1. The Video Output is 1080p 60hz and I can't set 1080p 50hz or 1080p 24hz. When I set 1080p 50hz or 24hz in Options, my TV still has 1080p 60 hz. Whats the reason?

2. I have problems with Dolby Digital 5.1 on DVD ISOs. There is sound stuttering every few seconds.

You have to ask your manufacturer, Nexbox to fix their firmware.
But they are a 'ship and forget' company, so you will have trouble.
I have a Beelink GT1 based on S912 and I have the more or less the same issue on audio passthrough and on HDMI auto-refresh rate that doesn't work.
Kodi doesn't support well AMLogic SOC, it supports only the basic Android API (expecially in the lastest Kodi 17), so all these low cost box will became useless... that's not a good thing!
(2016-09-14, 09:12)francesco_ita Wrote: Kodi doesn't support well AMLogic SOC, it supports only the basic Android API (expecially in the lastest Kodi 17), so all these low cost box will became useless... that's not a good thing!
If you only need kodi Libreelec is a much (much much much!) better solution on amlogic boxes.
Quote:If you only need kodi Libreelec is a much (much much much!) better solution on amlogic boxes.

I know but there is no Libreelec for AMLogic S912 and no plan for now Sad
Sigh, I have been trying to warn potential buyers for quite a while now NOT to buy Shiny Brand New AMLogic boxes that run a new Android OS for Android Kodi use only. I get shouted down often too for being too negative, but continue with the warnings.

Sure some things will work, but there will be a whole lot broken as custom versions of Android Kodi are needed to access all the features the SoC provides. These Ship and Forget companies simply do not care. They have your money and that is where it stops.

The major problem with Android AMLogic is no Talented Kodi developer is interested in lining the pockets of all the Pirate Android AMLogic Box sellers with nicely sorted versions of Kodi, all done for free in their own time. I mean why would you want to.

Its only going to get worse with AMLogic Kodi 17.x and versions onwards, especially if care is not taken with Android Firmware and AMLogic Kernel patches to use Kodi standard Application Programming Interfaces (API's)

In the end you get what you pay for in the Android Kodi world.

So solutions for francesco_ita & Schuhmi - either run LibreELEC as troggy has said or send the boxes back from whence they came.

If getting what you pay for means getting bad service it seems the opposite is true. The high price boxrs have problems. The old boxes are slower but stable. The cheaper older boxes do not have these issues if you stay on lollipop and Jarvis.

If there is a high end box that offers good after sale support I would like to know the name of company. Even Well Global i7 box is S912 unless you opt for a cherrytrail box. If I am going to go Intel it will be a i5 or i7 with much more than 2Gb DDR3 and run it dual boot (Win 10 & Linux/Android) SLI for flexibility of output and ability to decode any compression currently available or almost available. I'm Not building a full on Game Rig but better than (blue box store) off the rack options.

AFTER READING YOUR WARNINGS a friend wanted me to setup his

Greatever T95Z PLUS TV BOX Amlogic S912 Octa Core Android 6.0 Marshmallow 2GB DDR3 16GB EMMC Flash KODI Pre-installed 2.4G/5G Dual WIFI Band 1000M LAN Bluetooth4.0 UHD 4K 3D Streamming Media Player.

I explained the issues and that since he ca n not even set up his own box it will cause him only grief. After watching reviews of 5 to 13 min on YouTube (one of which locked up mid demo he still wanted it. I tried to advise. I got it in writing. I'm getting paid. I do not know what more I could have done. I did add to written disclaimer I will not support after he takes it home or help him to return product.
Help,I just got the Nexbox A905X and i want to use a usb drive ass internal storage but when i format it it say that it is done and it dissapears from the storage devices.When i connect it to the computer it asks me to format it but the size is of 16MB...Anyway to solve it?
(2017-01-27, 09:22)mullafabz Wrote: Help,I just got the Nexbox A905X and i want to use a usb drive ass internal storage but when i format it it say that it is done and it dissapears from the storage devices.When i connect it to the computer it asks me to format it but the size is of 16MB...Anyway to solve it?

Seems more a problem with your USB DRIVE than with Kodi?
(2017-01-27, 09:29)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 09:22)mullafabz Wrote: Help,I just got the Nexbox A905X and i want to use a usb drive ass internal storage but when i format it it say that it is done and it dissapears from the storage devices.When i connect it to the computer it asks me to format it but the size is of 16MB...Anyway to solve it?

Seems more a problem with your USB DRIVE than with Kodi?

I tried 2 different drives and same results.I even bought a samsung new 64gb drive same result.
Tried to format on PC?
(2017-01-27, 09:37)DaLanik Wrote: Tried to format on PC?

I formatted it on the pc same result.
Which file system should i select?
(2017-01-27, 09:39)mullafabz Wrote:

Better get rid of that unsupported tv box from Nexbox.
It is most likely outdated firmware and the firmware also don't support most file systems.
Maybe only Fat32 works?
You can only use a micro-SD card as internal storage not a flash drive.
I would flash LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on to a Samsung EVO or Sandisk Class10 microSDHC card..
A version from @kszaq and then format the HDD drive either as NTFS or exFat.

All your problems will go away as LibreELEC has a built in SMB server, and a far far better AML Linux Kernel and Firmware.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/forum-38.html

Frankly I don't know why users persist with unsupported AMLogic Android boxes with poor Firmware and buggy AML Android Kodi, and then try to get it to run anywhere near acceptably. You could not get a worse combo. Use it for Android Apps only and Dual boot to LibreELEC Kodi, especially if you have an AMLogic S905 box.

(2017-01-27, 14:52)mo123 Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 09:39)mullafabz Wrote:

Better get rid of that unsupported tv box from Nexbox.
It is most likely outdated firmware and the firmware also don't support most file systems.
Maybe only Fat32 works?
You can only use a micro-SD card as internal storage not a flash drive.

What is the latest firmware for the box?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexbox a95x0