Visualization differences between soundcards
nah, no strong feelings either way about that, just as long as it's a fixed number. i didn't see the patch reference..
Let's see what will happen after he tested.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I've tested your patched version and... I have a blank screen when I launch kodi, but the sound works!
I've tested again with the 17.0b2, and no blank screen...
mmh - you got a Debug Log?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here we go for the log: kodi.log
(it's too big for pastebin, sorry...)
Quote:15:15:25 T:139874188552064 ERROR: CWinSystemX11::XErrorHandler: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied), type:0, serial:113, error_code:10, request_code:152 minor_code:5

Can you check in the debugger which call is doing this? I feel some gentoo specifics :-(

@spiff: Does it work for you?
Wait - what you just linked me is a 16.0-Beta2 - what's that? Are you running the wrong kodi by chance? Or a systemwide kodi with old share files?

Did you checkout my devcon16 branch?
Arghhh... I cloned your repository (https://github.com/fritsch/xbmc), but forget to checkout to devcon16...
My mistake...
I checkout and compile again!
Ok...
Your patched version's working.

I've tested the waveform visualisation, and it seems to be ok!

On the contrary, my visualisation does not work anymore. I think this is due to the variation of iAudioDataLength.
I assumed in my test code that it is always 1024 (2x512 bytes, for left and right).
I investigate :-D

Thanks again!
It's not pushed yet. Spiff anything special you'd propose? Your viz are the main users.
By blocking the iAudioDataLength to 512, it works!
Now, if I understand, iAudioDataLength will differ if we use different soundcards, but the data values will always be the same for a constant number of data.
And the audio data are always stereo, despite the number of channels of the soundcard.
Is this correct?
You always get Front Left and Front Right in float format and 44.1 khz and at least your 512 samples. I will PR now.
sounds purrfect fritsch, thanks.
I tested this week-end, with waveform, and it works!
Therefore, sometimes, when I listen a complete album, after 3 or 4 songs, the viz stops to work. I don't know if it is a problem with waveform, and I have not gone on further testing.
I will investigate...
And... thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization differences between soundcards0