Need a 2 Box Solution
@BigRich911,

Welcome to the Amazon Ecosystem where deinterlace quality for TV streams is poor to say the least.
As I said before Intel or AMLogic devices only for high quality deinterlacing, doubly especially if you are a non US user that views 25/50fps TV streams.

I will be very surprised if you put up with the deinterlacing quality coming from the FireTV long term.

BIGRICH911,

I have a similar setup to yours but I'm using the HDHomerun Extend units to record to Mythbuntu Mythtv, and I'm viewing on an Amazon Fire TV 2 box via Kodi. Frankly the 1080i interlace flicker on the Amazon Fire TV 2 box is driving me crazy.

In the post above, you mentioned you fixed the problem:

"I got the ota 1080i playing well on the FireTv. I had to login to the HDhomerun on my iPad and turn the transcoding off. Then on the FireTv I had to turn deinterlacing and Bob Inverted."

Can you tell me HOW you turned on the Deinterlacing, Bob Inverted on the Amazon Fire TV 2 Box?

I can't find any settings that mention Interlacing.

Also, what version of KODI are you running on your box??

I have tried SPMC and Kodi 17.* and can't seem to see any deinterlacing controls that allow the change that you have described in your post above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a 2 Box Solution0