Tv scrapers not returning top result
Yeah, just saw that. Thanks to dark for the fix. Will give it a go when i get home. Cheers to all XBMC contributors Smile
looks like its working for me. Thank you d4rk and all concerned......
This seems similar to a problem i'm having right now where the first EPISODE result returned from the TVDB scanner is always ignored.

I.E if you scan in season 1 of say Venture Brothers - it ignores the special A Very Venture Christmas, but if you scan in Season 1 of say Firefly (which has no specials) it will ignore episode 1.

Scanning in something like Season 2 of anything will be fine since it ignores whatever the first entry is and tvdb's GetEpisodes returns all epsiodes of a series at once.

TV.com and the other scrapers scans no episodes in so maybe due to interface differences it's a similar problem.

This is of course really annoying as all season1's of shows which do not have specials get off by an episode and those with specials do not scan in the first.

The result of all this miss is you get info for epsiode 2 when you are looking at one (it says Season 1 episode 1 but with info from Season 1 Episode 2, you then play the episode and your watching S1E1) Also the last episode of the affected seasons cannot be scanned in.

I'm trying to figure out how to fix this - seems like some sort of loop/recursion error - but I don't' quite understand how the scrape system works and for someone that does seems this would be an easy fix.
bripeace I had the same issue with heroes no matter what I did it always got it wrong I then deleted my database file dor videos tried again and it was perfect. I think deleting stuff from the database dosn't actually fully get deleted and its still uses the same info from when the original bug was there
Thanks for the tip jezz. i destroyed the old database and went at it fresh. No dice, the 2 series I tested that were having the problem still are.

BTW, I'm using rev 10871 the most recent one as best I can tell.
Okay found the problem. it was in IMDB.cpp much like the first result on titles issue, which was a little more apparent.

Same sort of fix (from while -> do/while ) this time in.

Posted the patch to the patch tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581840
Nice, I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Cheers.
The above doesn't affect trunk which uses for(movie; movie; movie = movie->NextSiblingElement()) type logic.

A (possibly better) flow would be:

while (movie)
{
movie = movie->NextSiblingElement();
}

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The above doesn't affect trunk which uses for(movie; movie; movie = movie->NextSiblingElement()) type logic.

A (possibly better) flow would be:

while (movie)
{
movie = movie->NextSiblingElement();
}

Cheers,
Jonathan

I just went for a quick fix that was similar to the fix accepted in for the same problem that was occurring as described earlier in the thread.. just trying to be helpful.

However it's fixed in the is cool by me
Sure - and we are very grateful - it saves us trying to track it down Smile

I'm simply offering my opinion on the code for whoever commits it to SVN so that we can make it as clear as possible (and hopefully so we can have the same code in trunk and the branch).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Sure - and we are very grateful - it saves us trying to track it down Smile

I'm simply offering my opinion on the code for whoever commits it to SVN so that we can make it as clear as possible (and hopefully so we can have the same code in trunk and the branch).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Awesome, I hope my next contribution is as helpful. Thanks.
I took a much deeper look at the code today and uncovered a few more things.

I see what your saying about the code in TRUNK and the Linux Branch being different. They definitely should be using the same code.

I also found another bug. CIMDBUrl:Tonguearse was skipping the first <url> element in episodeguides due to the same faulty loop logic. This causes scrapers which use the <url> format to not scrape the first url. For instance, the TV.COM scraper will not scan season 1 of shows.

This brings up another readability issue; there is code to handle two different cases for episode guides returned by scrape interfaces. Multiple URLS and 1 Url. TVCOM returns Bleach like so:
<episodeguide><url>Season1url</url><url>Season2url</url>etc..</episodeguide>

TVDB returns bleach like so:
<episodeguide>allseasonurl</episodeguide>

This means CIMDBUrl:Tonguearse has code for the 2 different cases. Requiring scrapers to use <episodeguide><url></url></episodeguide> regardless of how many URLS they return would simplify the code and make more pragmatic sense.

In any case I can submit a patch that cleans up both Trunk and the Linux branch to the more clear While(x) {x = nextx} format bringing them to use the same code and fixing the remaining Linux TV Scrape bugs. Also if theres agreement on the standardization of <episodeguide> and the use of <url> I can sumbit a patch which fixes that and all the scrapers.

Thoughts?
Post patches anyway ... once tested and checked if devs are content with patch then it will go into trunk. Benefits the whole commuity, plus credit where credits due Wink

Thank you for your time and effort.
Indeed - thanks very much.

I'll discuss with C-Quel (our leading scraper man) and we'll get it into trunk and linuxport sometime this weekend.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Any updates on getting this patch worked into the linuxport? I just put Tin man on my box and episode 1 - Into the storm comes back as episode 1 - Search for the Emerald. Just a little frustrating that season 1 of each show seems to be off by 1 episode. Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv scrapers not returning top result0