Revision 10514, fullscreen not working
'lo all. Just registered to be a part of this great project. Been using XBMC for years but never really gotten my mind to it until now, when I heard about the linux port project.

Anyway, been using the linux port for a few months now and I must say great job! Going fast here.

Onwards to my problem. I made a fresh install today with Gutsy RC1, updated, installed the required packages, compiled with ./build.sh. All went great. Tried
Code:
<user>@<machine>:~svn/xbmc/XBMC/BUILD$ ./XboxMediaCenter

Again, everything is fine. But when I tried with the -fs switch, this came up:

As you can see this is clearly not the way it's intended to look ;-)
Debug output can be found at http://pastebin.com/m21ee3c35

Regards, peol.
What resolutions are you using? eg Desktop, gui, player

It looks like your desktop is maybe set to 1080i and your appearance is set to 720p or something along those lines. Does it change when you launch a video?
Thanks for your fast reply.

The thing is, when I run it in fullscreen like that, it's just the area where the mouse can run normally (you know the mouse-trap bug when running fullscreen).. I tried turning of all the dpi's inside XBMC but no change when i quit and re-run it.

Resolution is at 1280x800x60hz, running great on earlier revisions.
You say resolution is set to 1280x800 but there are 3 places to set resolutions.

1. Computer desktop

2. gui resolution under settings -> appearance (I think, i am away from my box ATM)

3. Player resolution.

your problem looks like it maybe 1 and 2 don't match.
I had the same thing happen to me earlier today and I changed my appearance res and all was good.
There have been a few changes in SVN dealing with resolutions recently.
Wow, I never found that "Resolution" option before, that did the job. Thanks alot snappz. :-)
No worries. If you want something to scratch your head over for a while try the other way.
eg desktop and gui set to 720p and your player set to 1080i.
You only see about 3 quarters of the screen and depending on the vision you can be there for a while trying to work out if it was just a director being creative or you have a problem..........

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revision 10514, fullscreen not working0