v17 HD Audio
I understand Kodi Krypton supports HD Audio passthrough. I am using Kodi on Android TV 5.1.1. When playing a video with DTS MA-HD track I can choose the HD audio track in the Kodi control and HD Audio is also shown in the Kodi metadata of the playing video. However, my Yamaha Receiver shows it as DTS, not as DTS MA-HD.
Hence I am unsure what is actually being played ?!
Are you sure your receiver shows DTS MA-HD on the screen when playing those types of files. Mine does not show it on the screen but if i dig and check into on the file it shows that. Do you have passthrough enabled in the settings as well?
Positive. On the display of the Yamaha rxa2050 it says DTS. In Kodi the metada of the playing video says DTS MA-HD. Passthrough is enabled. The video contains both, lossy DTS as well as lossless DTS MA-HD.
Please enable debugging and provide a Debug Log with a link to it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-09-14, 22:19)ATV5 Wrote: Positive. On the display of the Yamaha rxa2050 it says DTS. In Kodi the metada of the playing video says DTS MA-HD. Passthrough is enabled. The video contains both, lossy DTS as well as lossless DTS MA-HD.

What I meant was does your receiver actually say DTS MA-HD, Mine will be playing that but does not say it on the display, it will still only say DTS. If you play a Blu-Ray with DTS MA-HD does the display on the receiver say that.
Yes, the Yamaha receiver normally correctly displays the HD format, e.g. DTS MA-HD, TrueHD etc.
Prior to figuring out debug log can someone pls answer the following question: is Kodi v17 HD Audio passthrough supported on Android TV platform running Lollipop 5.1.1 ?

Edit: hm...thinking about it...the Sony Android TV, which is running Kodi Krypton, is connected to the AVR via HDMI ARC. And if I am not mistaken the audio return channel does NOT support DTS HD. Which would explain why the AVR shows DTS in the display. Which means the prob has nothing to do with Kodi but with the limitations of HDMI ARC...?!
Kodi support for HD audio on android is really manufacturer based. What android box you have? It's not working on all of them. It's working on Minix U1, Wetec Core and Hub...but they are not Android tv, only android.

Sent from my G2
See my post (Sony Android TV)
Seems like you came to the correct conclusion which is HDMI ARC does not support HD audio, it is limited to DD and DTS only.
Thanks, I think so too!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio0