• 4(current)
[RELEASE] AMT Home Theater plugin - automatically play intro & trailers before movies
Hmm... I went today and did a build (10591) and popped in the Apple trailers script... oddly enough it threw up after a db build to install the plugins... so I did. Now the thing browses the directory rather than running the py script.
WTF?? RAPIDSHARE SHOULD BE BANED!

All it says is something about uploading and "Download session invalid."

Rapidshag do me a fovor unplug your servers, pour gas over them and burn the freckin LOT! your site sux!

Gesss what an out burst! sorry about that!

Right back to normality... anyone got a link to the intro file elsewhere? or could email it to me?

Fanx... ;o)
Wink 
smokeyfingaz Wrote:not perfect, got a bit of flickering on the fox one (and i didnt use hi def rendering as that would have taken 60+ hours in my pc)
I think that it might be interlaced and that is why it is flickering(?)
http://www.100fps.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interlace

If that is the case then you have to run a deinterlace filter when encoding/transcoding the video so that the end result is progressive video
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinterlacing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_scan

Very cool otherwise by the way! Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
ok i redid the universal (now with correct sound & effects)

previews:

get here: http://rapidshare.com/files/65114492/XBMC_Intros.rar

i wont be doing another fox as it takes 30 hours to render the file on my pc.
30 hours wow.

Deathstar, cool. Smile
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
the flickering with the fox thing is actually caused by the newer version of the program used to render it (can´t remember what its called offhand, but obviously if you rendered it you know what i´m talking about) If you downgrade to a slightly older version, the flickering disappears. However, the rear poles on the little structure under the words disappear along with it (due to some format of rendering not supported by old one or something like that), but you wouldn´t even know there´s anything missing unless somebody told you. If you read through the thread on AVS, they talk about it somewher ein there.

I could render up a new one when I return to the states, but thats another month and a half from now, so somebody else might want to give it a shot.
Quote:[SIZE=1]
added: [Apple Movie Trailers] Multiple Trailers query(returns all movies with more than one trailer. add it as a shortcut from settings)
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] English language string id(165)
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] AMT plugin uses DefaultFolderBig.png now for category thumbs.(better for other skins)
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] AMT plugin version -> 1.0.3
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] AMT plugin infolabel to "MPAA" to match change in XBMC svn.
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] MT plugin version -> 1.1
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] MT plugin now can play an optional end of feature presentation video.
changed: [Apple Movie Trailers] MT plugin, limit_query setting. If you use the database and set limit_query=1. The trailers chosen will be in the same genre and have a rating no higher than the movies.
fixed: [Apple Movie Trailers] MT plugin, displays info properly when movie is playing.

Here's an update
[/SIZE]
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- for now you must manually edit this file -->
<settings>
    <!-- no slash at end of paths -->
    <!--setting title="Path to videos [optional w/database]" type="folder" option="files" name="path"></setting-->
    <!--setting title="Path to videos [optional w/database]" type="folder" option="files" name="path"></setting-->
    <setting title="Path to videos [optional w/database]" type="folder" option="files" name="path">smb://MOVIES-DLINK/Volume_1/Movies</setting>
    <setting title="Path to coming attractions video [optional]" type="video" option="files" name="trailer_intro_path">smb://MOVIES-DLINK/Volume_1/Movies/dolbycity.vob</setting>
    <setting title="Path to feature presentation video [optional]" type="video" option="files" name="movie_intro_path">smb://MOVIES-DLINK/Volume_1/Movies/XBMC DEATH STAR.avi</setting>
    <!-- 0=do not use the database, 1=use the datbase for extra info -->
    <setting title="Query database for videos" type="bool" option="" name="use_db">0</setting>
    <!-- passwords are plain text -->
    <setting title="SMB username" type="string" option="" name="username"></setting>
    <setting title="SMB password" type="string" option="hidden" name="password"></setting>
    <!-- an integer is required -->
    <setting title="Number of trailers to play" type="select int" option="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10" name="number_trailers">3</setting>
    <!-- choose one of the following or leave blank for any: G PG PG-13 R NC-17 -->
    <setting title="MPAA rating limit" type="select" option="G,PG,PG-13,R,NC-17,-" name="rating"></setting>
    <!-- choose one of the following or leave blank for any: Low Medium High 480p 720p 1080p -->
    <setting title="Preferred trailer quality" type="select" option="Low,Medium,High,480p,720p,1080p" name="quality">High</setting>
    <!-- 0=any type of trailers, 1=only include trailers that have a 720p or 1080p quality -->
    <setting title="Include only HD trailers" type="bool" option="" name="only_hd">0</setting>
</settings>

I don't know whether I am being a total idiot and if I am I am sorry!

First off on a new install of the 21 october svn I did a full install of the AMT DB. I installed both plugins. First off I take it that the AMT Trailer integration in my videos shouldn't be the full AMT interface but rather just the section selected during setup (I selected 'Newest'). ie I thought this would just be a way of invoking the full AMT script from within My Videos rather than having to leave my Videos and get to the AMT script vie the scripts button. It seems it just displays one section...or have I done somethin wrong.

Anyway the real point is that I cannot get the theater plug in to work.

The above code is my edited settings.xml. My movies are stored on a NAS. I don't have smb usernames or passwords set up. The above addresses are the same as my movies source which works and gives my access to all my movies on the Nas. However when I click on the theater plugin I get the 'could not connect to network share' error. Another thing. is the pluging setup as a seperate source in My videos or is it added as a multipath bookmark to your main Movies source. I've tried both and neither works. I've also tried in library and file mode and neither works. What am I doing wrong?
you must have added the plugin source wrong if you are not getting all the genres. when you add source do not select the plugin, just highlight it, then move to the ok button. and make sure your adding a new plugin source from browse. It is not the full script though. it only allows you to play trailers.

As far as the NAS, I'm not sure about a username. Windows still requires that be "Guest" even for simple file sharing.

if you use the library, the plugins will automatically appear unde the video plugins. If you can test running them that way. If the Movie theater plugin does not work properly. Try adding "Guest" as the user. If it does, then you added the plugin incorrectly for files view.
OK, I downloaded the plugin again from here

http://theendofthelongestline.de/xbox/do.../index.php

This time I had better luck. It found the share and scanned my movie directory. However it only scanned in 443 of my 747 movies and when I click on a movie I get a Movie Theater Plugin dialog that says 'getting random trailers...' It just hangs at that and the cancel hangs and I have to reboot the xbox. I then edited the settings xml again, leavin in my smb address to my movie directory but I removed the location of my pre-trailer and pre-feature vid on my xbox E drive. Now upon trying to play a movie I get the same dialog which doesn't hang but disappears after a second or two. However nothing happens

Any ideas?
This plugin is really greta and works perfectly for me.

Any hope to have it working with library view one day ?

Thanks a lot for all your efforts,

Eric
ive tried different methods but i just cant seem to get smb shares working with the script...

Code:
<!-- no slash at end of paths (only use one path to videos, you may leave path blank if using database for your listing) -->
    <!--setting title="Path to videos [optional w/database]" type="folder" option="files" enable="" name="path">smb://SERVER/SHARE/OPT_FOLDER</setting-->
    <setting title="Path to videos [optional w/database]" type="folder" option="files" enable="" name="path">smb://xbox:[email protected]/MySharedDrives/X (USB Drive 185GB)/Filme</setting>

<setting title="SMB username" type="string" option="" enable="path=smb://" name="username">xbox</setting>
    <setting title="SMB password" type="string" option="hidden" enable="path=smb://" name="password">xbox</setting>

i copied the smb share straight out of my sources xml., i also tried the smb address without the xbox:xbox@ but i just cant get it to work..

using a share on the xbox itself works great, i think a gui would be way easier to use and test, also it would be great if we could somehow point it to a bookmark share/source or use the libary. (perhaps sometime in the future it might be possible to open a context window over a certain movie - white button - select theatre time and then have it play as the plugin would normally work.) hope somebody can tell me what im doing wrong.
peace
Question 
Hi, Im attemptiong to use the Movie Theater plugin and im having no luck connecting to my smb share on ubuntu.

im sure the smb parameter is correct (i cut/pasted it from sources.xml)

here is the error:

01:51:00 M: 46948352 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingShare... no matching source found for [video]
01:51:00 M: 46948352 ERROR: Failed! Destination parameter (video) does not match a valid source!
01:51:08 M: 44466176 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingShare... no matching source found for [video]
01:51:16 M: 44466176 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingShare... no matching source found for [video]
01:51:16 M: 44453888 ERROR: CVideoDatabase::GetScraperForPath() failed

and here is the config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- for now you must manually edit this file -->
<settings>
<!-- no slash at end of paths -->
<!--setting title="Path to videos" type="folder" option="files" name="path">smb://COMPUTER/SHARENAME/FOLDER</setting-->
<setting title="Path to movies" type="folder" option="files" name="path">smb://xxx:yyy@ZOIDBERG/video/Cinema</setting>
<setting title="Path to pre trailers video [optional]" type="video" option="files" name="trailer_intro_path"></setting>
<setting title="Path to post trailers video [optional]" type="video" option="files" name="movie_intro_path"></setting>
<setting title="SMB username" type="string" option="" name="username">xxx</setting>
<setting title="SMB password" type="string" option="hidden" name="password">yyy</setting>
<!-- an integer is required -->
<setting title="Number of trailers to play" type="select int" option="1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10" name="number_trailers">3</setting>
<!-- choose one of the following or leave blank for any: G PG PG-13 R NC-17 -->
<setting title="MPAA rating limit" type="select" option="G,PG,PG-13,R,NC-17,-" name="rating"></setting>
<!-- choose one of the following or leave blank for any: Low Medium High 480p 720p 1080p -->
<setting title="Preferred trailer quality" type="select" option="Low,Medium,High,480p,720p,1080p" name="quality">High</setting>
<!-- 0=any type of trailers, 1=only include trailers that have a 720p or 1080p quality -->
<setting title="Include only HD trailers" type="bool" option="" name="only_hd">0</setting>
</settings>

any help appreciated Smile
@ smokeyfingaz:
you already can use the library, you may need to update the plugin. If you want your whole library to show, set path to empty ...><...

as far as samba. i'll look into testing it with a share that requires it, but do not include the username/password in the path.

looks like neither one of you have the most recent, so start there. it comes with the AMT script. you install the plugins from the settings window.

http://xbmc-scripting.googlecode.com/svn...20Trailers
Hi,

Yes, my bad. I now have the right version but the list is blank when i select the source. I notived that there is a "Query database for videos" setting which defaults to false. Should this be set to true?

I am not sure if I have tried all of your recommendations together so I will start again. I will also rebuild the trailers list.

fingers crossed. thanks heaps.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AMT Home Theater plugin - automatically play intro & trailers before movies1