Kodi 17 Display video resolution
How can I get the info of resolution during playback?
Press the "I" button. Should bring up the info.
you can also press and hold "play" or "play/pause" for the info screen, if you don't have a keyboard.
(2016-09-16, 18:08)huizingajm Wrote: Press the "I" button. Should bring up the info.

Yes when I press I and select metadata that gives me duration, audio channel, audio codec, aspect ratio, and video codec, but no resolution.

Is there a way to request that resolution info be returned to this build?
Seems to work here:

Or are you talking about something else?
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-18, 14:44)Gracus Wrote: Seems to work here:

Or are you talking about something else?

This is what I get https://puu.sh/rgoaA/c7d7f8934e.JPG

Weird

Which Kodi 17 version do you use? alpha? beta?

Try with the latest available (Or even nightly) as I think I remember it has been removed for a while before being reintroduce
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-19, 11:51)Gracus Wrote: Weird

Try with the latest available (Or even nightly) as I think I remember it has been removed for a while before being reintroduce

I'm using beta1. I'll try the nightly.

Thanks
(2016-09-19, 12:07)waynezo Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 11:51)Gracus Wrote: Weird

I'm using beta1. I'll try the nightly.

Thanks

Unfortunately no change with the nightly Sad
Oh! Forgot about that!

It is now skin dependant and Stock estuary does not provide it (the screen I show you was made while using estuary MOD)

In stock estuary you will have what you want by pressing "o" and not "i"
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-09-19, 12:23)Gracus Wrote: Oh! Forgot about that!

It is now skin dependant and Stock estuary does not provide it (the screen I show you was made while using estuary MOD)

Problem Solved! Thanks Gracus!

I'm using Transparency now will try Estuary MOD next Smile
I was wondering about this too.....in Kodi 16.1 when you get from a provider that says he's offering in 1080, when the vid starts playing you see right away what it is.....a lot of times it won't be 1080 but in 720........in Kodi 17 I don't see anything that tells you what you're getting
(2017-02-13, 17:46)drumcrazd Wrote: I was wondering about this too.....in Kodi 16.1 when you get from a provider that says he's offering in 1080, when the vid starts playing you see right away what it is.....a lot of times it won't be 1080 but in 720........in Kodi 17 I don't see anything that tells you what you're getting

If you are 'getting' from an official source, most likely you will have the resolution they say ie. BBC iPlayer, Youtube etc. If you mean illegal sources then you won't get any help here.
(2016-09-19, 12:23)Gracus Wrote: Oh! Forgot about that!

@ Gracus
what if i don't have a keyboard? just the nvidia shield remote. any advice?
It should be mapped to something on the shield can you not bring up a keyboard during playback? You'd maybe have to delve into the keymap file and setup something to give you that "o" command to show the actual res/audio and usage altho i dont have my android tablet here at the moment to test maybe someone else has one they can try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 Display video resolution0