Win I want to use .strm file to link to tv episode bluray iso
You can't attach your log !!

Put it on xbmclogs.com or pastebin and post a link to it here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
here is log:

kodi log

lodi log attepting to open strm file
A little bit of reading: Forum Rules and Banned Add-ons and Repositories

No help from here as long as your Kodi is contaminated with this crap
Moanbag is in da place!
I think it is now all clean

clean log
jpil,

It doesn't work because I didn't explain the script enough. I assumed it would be obvious.

The last iso_f line contains the full path to the iso

In this line (resss = URL_Escape_Playlist(iso_f, "00032")) you need to replace 00032 with the correct .mpls number

Try it again, and if it doesn't work this time, make a also debug log while you are directly playing a bluray iso (NOT using the .strm file).
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
(2016-09-19, 09:58)Wimpie Wrote: jpil,

It doesn't work because I didn't explain the script enough. I assumed it would be obvious.

The last iso_f line contains the full path to the iso

In this line (resss = URL_Escape_Playlist(iso_f, "00032")) you need to replace 00032 with the correct .mpls number

Try it again, and if it doesn't work this time, make a also debug log while you are directly playing a bluray iso (NOT using the .strm file).

00032 is a valid mpls file. for ep2 . For ep1 is 00031. I tried both strm files after I had updated to Krypton, as I saw from a prior post in this thread that you were using that as well. wanted to rule out that the old dvdplayer was the problem .

I have not had to read programming code in quite a while , I used C in University , and the style of python is different , but I did get the gist of what it was doing.
debug log

here is my debug log
saw while putting that log in that there a call in the same format for hail cesar . so copied that and put in a strm file

here is the result. still wont play even though it is a link that worked directly about 2 minutes earlier.

log file
(2016-09-20, 01:37)jpil Wrote: debug log

here is my debug log

It seems that you are here able to play:
bluray://udf%3A%2F%2Fsmb%253A%252F%252Ftower%252Fmovies%252Fbluray%252Fhail%252C%2520caesar!%252FHail%252C%2520Caesar!.iso%2F/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls

Put above 'bluray...' line in a .strm file and try to play it. This should play...

It seems that I have a bug in my script. It also URL escapes "!", while Kodi does not do this. With the script I posted, you get:
bluray://udf%3A%2F%2Fsmb%253A%252F%252Ftower%252Fmovies%252Fbluray%252Fhail%252C%2520caesar%2521%252FHail%252C%2520Caesar%2521.iso%2F/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls
New script givesthe same result as in your debug log:
bluray://udf%3A%2F%2Fsmb%253A%252F%252Ftower%252Fmovies%252Fbluray%252Fhail%252C%2520caesar!%252FHail%252C%2520Caesar!.iso%2F/BDMV/PLAYLIST/00800.mpls
Code:
import os, sys, re, urllib.parse

# test, use python 3.x
iso_f = r'\\MEDIA_SERVER_1\BluRay_TV_Shows\Firefly\.BIUfiles\Firefly.s01e01.s01e02.s01e03.s01e04.BluRay.iso'
iso_f = r'smb://tower/movies/bluray/hail, caesar!/Hail, Caesar!.iso'
# test

# URL escape the filename so that it works with xbmc.player.play
# Needs following format: bluray://[udf://[path to iso]/]/BDMV/PLAYLIST/12345.mpls
# with [path to iso] eg: 'M:/testdir/test_movie.bluray.iso'
# and 12345 the playlist number to play. Playlist number needs to be 5 digits.
def URL_Escape_Playlist(iso_filename, play_stream):
    result_str = urllib.parse.quote(iso_filename, safe='()!')
    result_str = 'udf://' + result_str + '/'
    result_str = urllib.parse.quote(result_str, safe='()!')
    result_str = 'bluray://' + result_str + '/BDMV/PLAYLIST/' + play_stream + '.mpls'
    return result_str

resss = URL_Escape_Playlist(iso_f, "00800")
print(resss)

PS: I read in your next message that you tried this, and it doesn't work?

I'm running out of ideas here...
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
try another thing:

Copy an bluray iso file to a local drive (on your windows pc).
Name this bluray iso file."movie.iso".
Play this "movie.iso" with Kodi (video/files/...)(you probably need to adjust sources to that dir before you can do that), and then see in the debug log what 'bluray://...." it used
In the same dir as this movie.iso, make a "strm_movie.strm" and put this "bluray://...." line inside it
Test if it plays, and I really hope it does because my ideas are running dry...

PS: I don' really get why you use smb: in the iso path. Did you map the NAS drive to a windows drive letter?
(2016-09-20, 12:37)Wimpie Wrote: PS: I don' really get why you use smb: in the iso path. Did you map the NAS drive to a windows drive letter?

I am using an unraid media server - on a local network. I didnt set the path like that, Kodi did . The resource is a share, and Kodi uses Samba ( hence smb) to access the share.

will try your other suggestion as well. At this point I get the feeling I have not got a settings option set incorrectly as I I know that I have the network path accurate. I have built all my computers from scratch , and have learned a bit , but this has me stumped , which is why I reached out to the community to overcome the problem,
while searching I found this :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141136
what I have been able to deduce :
when handling strm file - kodi recognises it will be playing a bluray ( look at same section in both logs , ) , however when it gets to the point of opening the file it chokes. I think it may be a path issue . I wish there was more info on what format/syntax kodi will accept from a strm file , as it may be a style problem . The protocol error mystifies me as well.

just to clarify my setup
windows 10 htpc - running Kodi , all media accessed by smb share from media server running Unraid.
(2016-09-20, 12:37)Wimpie Wrote: try another thing:

Copy an bluray iso file to a local drive (on your windows pc).
Name this bluray iso file."movie.iso".
Play this "movie.iso" with Kodi (video/files/...)(you probably need to adjust sources to that dir before you can do that), and then see in the debug log what 'bluray://...." it used
In the same dir as this movie.iso, make a "strm_movie.strm" and put this "bluray://...." line inside it
Test if it plays, and I really hope it does because my ideas are running dry...

PS: I don' really get why you use smb: in the iso path. Did you map the NAS drive to a windows drive letter?

tried it , no go same result
I'm using win 7, also with an unraid server.

Is maybe a win 10 problem. I'll try to install a win 10 when I have time (real life rather busy lately). I'll let you know if win 10 also (doesn't) work with me.

If it is a win 10 problem, and fixable inside Kodi, then I intent to make a bugreport out of this. It should just work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want to use .strm file to link to tv episode bluray iso0