• 3(current)
v17 Auto de-interlacing (in PVR streams) does not always work
I don't know - but depending on which AMD GPU you have, it might be a different driver issue :-( - i have never ever seen a driver vendor with such bullshit drivers. I would avoid them with fire. It's kind of mad, that their OSS department makes working, conform drivers.

With AMD windows drivers: Every driver release has some surprise :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I can test from a recording i have from Friday
MediaInfo
Code:
General
ID                                       : 4 (0x4)
Complete name                            : F:\tuner\Hooten & The Lady\Hooten & the Lady - S01E05 - Ethiopia.ts
Format                                   : MPEG-TS
File size                                : 4.90 GiB
Duration                                 : 1h 6mn
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 10.6 Mbps

Video
ID                                       : 48 (0x30)
Menu ID                                  : 137 (0x89)
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : 27
Bit rate                                 : 9 717 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 20.0 Mbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Standard                                 : Component
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : MBAFF
Scan type, store method                  : Interleaved fields
Scan order                               : Top Field First
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.187
Stream size                              : 4.48 GiB (91%)
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.709
Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709

Audio
ID                                       : 64 (0x40)
Format                                   : AC-3
Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                           : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness              : Big
Codec ID                                 : 6
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 384 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate                               : 31.250 fps (1536 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : -848ms
Stream size                              : 181 MiB (4%)
Language                                 : English

Text
ID                                       : 99 (0x63)-888
Format                                   : Teletext Subtitle
Language                                 : English
the latest nightly contains the fix for crappy AMD drivers. If issue is still present there is no way to fix it.
Quote:Scan type : MBAFF
Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
Scan order : Top Field First
MBAFF: http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/term.c...eld_coding

So this works: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/1080i50_h264.ts this not: http://solidrun.maltegrosse.de/~fritsch/..._mbaff.mp4 ?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
https://paste.ee/r/bBGGH thats playing the recorded show from other night, just downlaoding your files to test now. Pretty sure its all down to AMD can't remember the last time there was actually a decent driver
Ok played your test files first the .TS then the .MP4 https://paste.ee/r/2LK8i

(2016-10-16, 20:08)beeswax Wrote: Does seem weird that he is still having issues seeing as my TV source is UK satellite too and the fix works here. I don't have access to subscription HD channels but I certainly noticed the original problem on FTA channels. Does komplex have the issue with BBC/ITV channels?
Same issue on FTA satellite
AMD blame may be well placed then, I only have NUCs and a desktop with a 980Ti and they're all fine (since the fixed build posted here).
Did not read all post but do you really need to have de-interlaced on what feed are you VHS or SD DVD quality because should not be necessary to use unless your watching laurel and hardy in BW then i get it but movies made today do not need to have in turned on but leave it at Auto and since you posted this thread you must be having an issue what settings are you using i wont try and spell the 3 option you can use with "laced" so just tell Smile
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-10-19, 22:40)kimkl Wrote: Did not read all post but do you really need to have de-interlaced on what feed are you VHS or SD DVD quality because should not be necessary to use unless your watching laurel and hardy in BW then i get it but movies made today do not need to have in turned on but leave it at Auto and since you posted this thread you must be having an issue what settings are you using i wont try and spell the 3 option you can use with "laced" so just tell Smile

Crikey, where to start? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so I suggest you just keep your rambling thoughts to yourself. Oh and another thing: punctuation. Please familiarise yourself with it and try employing some.
I have the same problem since upgrading to Kodi v17 beta 3. No AMD drivers here though - I have an i3 using the iris 530 built in graphics via HDMI. Upgrading to the latest drivers didn't help and broke audio after sleep so I reverted to the motherboard approved driver. As other posters, deintelacing works as in Kodi 16 if it is deactivated then reactivated after starting the stream. I am watching live and recorded streams from UK free satellite. I can try to post logs if that would be helpful but I haven't tried the fixed build yet?
Hi guys,

Is there any update on this issue? I'm still expereicing it on two AMD and Intel platforms using the last Beta 5.

There are some streams that do not have this issue, other yes...but as soon as I go to the video setting menu, magically the video starts to be correctly de-interlaced.

Looking forward for some good news....and of course I'm open to provide logs if needed.

Cheers,

Alex
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Amd did not care. I pinged them on github. Can you return you gpus?
So has the fix that was implemented in KodiSetup-20161005-953041a-dxva.exe made it into a nightly/beta build yet?
(2016-11-02, 20:15)fritsch Wrote: Amd did not care. I pinged them on github. Can you return you gpus?

Hi fritsch,

Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean by "AMD did not care"? Smile

My setups are the following:

- Home HTPC has an APU A8-6500 in Dual Graphics with a Radeon HD 6670 (as an aside note, I had to disable the Dual Graphics for Kodi since it was just unable to be launched...it seems that there are some issues with Dual Graphics for Kodi under Windows 10...see also this post)

- Laptop as an Intel Core i5 with a Intel HD 4000 GPU

I'm looking forward for your feedback. Let me know if there is an .exe that I can try.

Have a great day!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Did you try the -dxva build linked to in post #17 axlt2002?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto de-interlacing (in PVR streams) does not always work1