• 7(current)
v17 Auto de-interlacing (in PVR streams) does not always work
afedchin, you got the point! Wink

I have performed a fully clean installation based on your build and de-interlacing is now working. I didn't play with changing the parmeters or other files to see if the issue happen again or not, but I guess you know which was the bug! Wink Having said that, some questions on my side:

- Is the modification for AMD that was merged in the nightly still valid or you will roll-back it?
- To have the issue disappeared, is a clean install mandatory?
- I guess you are giong to propose tha changes to the nightly code...can you notify us when this will be included?

Thanks for your effort! Please consider myself available for any other test in case! Smile
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2016-11-15, 17:31)axlt2002 Wrote: - To have the issue disappeared, is a clean install mandatory?

Yes, thanks afedchin for all your effort on this.I have the same question - what exactly is it that is lingering around from the bugged version which a complete clean install eradicates? It would be great if I could try this build without having to lose a whole lot of skin customisations and plugin setups.

FernetMenta mentioned the video db. In a MySQL environment, what does that mean precisely?
(2016-11-15, 17:31)axlt2002 Wrote: I have performed a fully clean installation based on your build and de-interlacing is now working. I didn't play with changing the parmeters or other files to see if the issue happen again or not, but I guess you know which was the bug! Wink Having said that, some questions on my side:

- Is the modification for AMD that was merged in the nightly still valid or you will roll-back it?
- To have the issue disappeared, is a clean install mandatory?
- I guess you are giong to propose tha changes to the nightly code...can you notify us when this will be included?

Thanks for your effort! Please consider myself available for any other test in case! Smile
Thanks for testing.

1. It was rolled back in the test build.
2. No, clean install was required to reproduce the issue and check that it was fixed.
3. Some of them already in mainline. Next nightly will contain it. But others still require testing especially by AMD card owners.

(2016-11-15, 19:14)beeswax Wrote: Yes, thanks afedchin for all your effort on this.I have the same question - what exactly is it that is lingering around from the bugged version which a complete clean install eradicates? It would be great if I could try this build without having to lose a whole lot of skin customisations and plugin setups.

FernetMenta mentioned the video db. In a MySQL environment, what does that mean precisely?
You can keep all your settings. As I said above clean install was required only for testing purpose.
(2016-11-15, 21:17)afedchin Wrote: 3. Some of them already in mainline. Next nightly will contain it. But others still require testing especially by AMD card owners.

Ok...my HTPC runs over an AMD card...I candidate myself to test it as soon as possible! Wink I guess on Thursday...

Keep in touch and have a nice evening!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
(2016-11-12, 18:40)afedchin Wrote: please try this build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe when it will be available on mirrors.

With this build I noticed the problem of faulty de-interlacing that can be circumvented by entering the menu and disabling, then re-enabling DXVA de-interlacing. (Windows 10 with AMD apu.)

(2016-11-15, 09:23)afedchin Wrote: please try with this build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...vc_wip.exe
make sure that you have fully clean install

With this build, which I have tried only a short while, I have so far not noticed the problem! Which doesn't say much, since it only occured every once in a while unfortunately. But so far, so good. I'll report back when I know more, i.e. when the problem resurfaces or if it stays away for a longer period of time.
So far, I have not experienced the problem with that latest test build on my AMD machine. I'm starting to feel it might just be solved. Just curious, what was changed in it?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10920

Do I understand correctly that all fixes in your test builds are now in the master / nightlies?
(2016-11-20, 22:31)willemd Wrote: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10920

Do I understand correctly that all fixes in your test builds are now in the master / nightlies?
Yes, it is
I believe this problem is fixed. Very good Big Grin
(2016-11-22, 23:06)willemd Wrote: I believe this problem is fixed. Very good Big Grin
I believe too Smile
(2016-11-23, 08:51)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-11-22, 23:06)willemd Wrote: I believe this problem is fixed. Very good Big Grin
I believe too Smile

Just to give my feedback on this...

I finally had time to install the latest nightly on my HTPC using an AMD setup and...everything is actually working perfectly! Thanks guys for your effort!
thanks for feedback.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto de-interlacing (in PVR streams) does not always work1