addons.ini Creator

* easily Create addons.ini files for TV Guide addons
* Subscribe to TV Channel Folders within Addons
* Subscribe to PVR Channels
* Update addons.ini with Addon Folder Channels

Notes
* set Output Folder first
* optionally change addons.ini to another name
* original addons.ini will be overwritten without asking!

Install
* repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip

Quickstart
* set Settings\ Folder to wherever your TV Guide expect to pick up addons.ini
* Subscribe to an Addon Folder or PVR containing TV channels (context menu)
* Create addons.ini
* test your channels with Play
* Clear Subscriptions removes all subscriptions

Source
* addon: https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ni.creator
* repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository.primaeval
This will be extremely useful to those just getting into tv guide addons and want their own lists of channels to play that are not supported by their current provider.

Great work!
Brilliant! Thank you
- PVR support (experimental)

You can now Subscribe to the PVR channels.
This is very experimental and has to go directly to the Kodi databases rather than using the apis. If the db numbering system changes this will break. If anyone knows a better solution please let me know.
(2016-09-19, 16:09)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.2

This is very experimental and has to go directly to the Kodi databases rather than using the apis. If the db numbering system changes this will break. If anyone knows a better solution please let me know.

Nice work, It's not something I personally use but I have started experimenting with a way to auto-populate the tv guide with the PVR channels. This uses the JSON API to firstly retrieve all the available channels and then again uses the JSON API to retrieve the program schedule information. Does this addon's support provide that level of PVR Support or would it still require a xmltv file for the actual program content? I'm happy to share my code if it useful for you to integrate into this addon if it is at all useful. Cheers
(2016-09-19, 16:51)im85288 Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 16:09)primaeval Wrote: 0.0.2

Nice work, It's not something I personally use but I have started experimenting with a way to auto-populate the tv guide with the PVR channels. This uses the JSON API to firstly retrieve all the available channels and then again uses the JSON API to retrieve the program schedule information. Does this addon's support provide that level of PVR Support or would it still require a xmltv file for the actual program content? I'm happy to share my code if it useful for you to integrate into this addon if it is at all useful. Cheers

This addon is just to find the pvr channel urls for the addons.ini file.

Pulling the pvr epg program data into the TV Guide sounds like a good plan.
I tested it out it works with the pvr, it does throw up an error first then plays
PHP Code:
15:59:52 T:9256  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2Request for "/play/pvr%3A%2F%2Fchannels%2Ftv%2FAll+channels%2Fpvr.mediaportal.tvserver_638.pvr" matches rule for function "play"
15:59:52 T:9604   ERRORPlayMedia could not play mediaplugin://plugin.video.addons.ini.creator/play/pvr%3A%2F%2Fchannels%2Ftv%2FAll+channels%2Fpvr.mediaportal.tvserver_638.pvr
15:59:52 T:9604  NOTICEDVDPlayerOpeningpvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver_638.pvr
15:59:52 T:9604 WARNINGCDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED 
(2016-09-19, 17:01)primaeval Wrote: This addon is just to find the pvr channel urls for the addons.ini file.

Pulling the pvr epg program data into the TV Guide sounds like a good plan.

Cool, I'll carry on looking into it then as it's close...but not quite there
(2016-09-19, 17:05)komplex Wrote: I tested it out it works with the pvr, it does throw up an error first then plays
PHP Code:
15:59:52 T:9256  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2Request for "/play/pvr%3A%2F%2Fchannels%2Ftv%2FAll+channels%2Fpvr.mediaportal.tvserver_638.pvr" matches rule for function "play"
15:59:52 T:9604   ERRORPlayMedia could not play mediaplugin://plugin.video.addons.ini.creator/play/pvr%3A%2F%2Fchannels%2Ftv%2FAll+channels%2Fpvr.mediaportal.tvserver_638.pvr
15:59:52 T:9604  NOTICEDVDPlayerOpeningpvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver_638.pvr
15:59:52 T:9604 WARNINGCDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED 

Does it play in a TV Guide for you? The Play function is just to test the streams.
Does the url match the one you get when you save that channel to your Favourites?
Yeah it plays from the tvguide. The addon.ini i made uses
PHP Code:
Discovery HD=pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver_390.pvr 
while the addon creator uses
PHP Code:
Discovery HD=plugin://plugin.video.addons.ini.creator/play/pvr%3A%2F%2Fchannels%2Ftv%2FAll+channels%2Fpvr.mediaportal.tvserver_390.pvr 
Both work fine
(2016-09-19, 17:17)komplex Wrote: Yeah it plays from the tvguide. The addon.ini i made uses
PHP Code:
while the addon creator uses
PHP Code:
Discovery HD=plugin://plugin.video.addons.ini.creator/play/pvr%3A%2F%2Fchannels%2Ftv%2FAll+channels%2Fpvr.mediaportal.tvserver_390.pvr 
Both work fine

I'll see if I can take out the plugin redirection from mine.
What addons.ini [section] did you put your pvr channels under and do they show up in the Addons section of Stream Setup?
I just copy/paste my urls into the default addon.ini made by im85288's tvguide so it looks like
PHP Code:
[script.tvguide.dvr]
No they dont show up in the addon section
@primaeval

Never really utilized addons.ini and so currently slightly confused about overall purpose/advantage especially as you originally implied with title for TV Guide Fullscreen that it was to be .ini free?

So am I correct in my assumption that if we have more than one add-on/source for a given channel, we can simply add all channels to addons.ini using the addons.ini creator and then we are able to select/change which channel stream from numerous sources to use with a given channel in tv guide? This then reduces reliance on other options for selecting a particular stream to be linked to a channel when working within TV Guide.

Sure going to try it out when some spare time allows...Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-09-19, 19:08)MikeKL Wrote: @primaeval

Never really utilized addons.ini and so currently slightly confused about overall purpose/advantage especially as you originally implied with title for TV Guide Fullscreen that it was to be .ini free?

So am I correct in my assumption that if we have more than one add-on/source for a given channel, we can simply add all channels to addons.ini using the addons.ini creator and then we are able to select/change which channel stream from numerous sources to use with a given channel in tv guide? This then reduces reliance on other options for selecting a particular stream to be linked to a channel when working within TV Guide.

Sure going to try it out when some spare time allows...Wink

Internally the TV Guide Fullscreen still uses an addons.ini file but it is generated from the Add Folder command. You can still use an external one in the Optional Settings if you like. That is good for having a central server for your settings.

This addon just started off as a way to play addons.ini streams for testing without having to set up the epg channels first.
It has progressed to create addons.ini files outside the TV Guide.
I can also use it as a testbed for new ideas. For example when the pvr import is stable I'll add it to TV Guide Fullscreen.

There are still people that prefer other TV Guides for different reasons. Maybe they like the look of a fancy skin or need its xmltv file. So this could help them too.

I'm not trying to build a youtube/twitter empire, I just like to make some tools to share with people who share back. Smile
- pvr:// links
- sorted output

@komplex This should remove the redirection from the pvr:// links.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
addons.ini Creator for TV Guides2