Sound...No Picture
I just downloaded and attempted to use Kodi 16.1 I can get movies to play, however, I only get the audio portion, no picture, just a kind of flashing blurry color where the movie should be. I tried turning off hardware acceleration but no luck I did notice that of the listed resolutions, there was no 1920X1080 option, which I thought was odd.
Is this a codec issue? I have K-lite mega codec pack installed which, until now, played anything I threw at it. This looks like really useful software but not if I can't get a picture to go with the sound. Please help, I'm desperate!
I forgot to mention that the PC I am attempting to play these movies on is a Dell 64bit, 4g RAM running Windows 7 Home Premium. Seems to work fine when playing back using other software (Plex, etc.) I don't think the problem is with the computer, just something with Kodi that I am not doing correctly. Thanks.
Does this happen with locally stored media? If so replicate the issue and provide a http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log but first removed the banned piracy add-ons you have installed that got your previous thread trashed:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291405

If you have that junk installed we can't help you.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I am totally new to this so I didn't even know there were "banned" add-ons...I was going on information provided by a friend so I guess he forgot to mention the banned part. I will see what I can do to remove the add-ons....could they be what is preventing the video from playing? Thanks for your help.
Perhaps you could tell me what a good "legal" add-on might be that I could use to test my system to see if I can locate the problem. Thanks!
(2016-09-19, 22:55)bushfilm Wrote: Perhaps you could tell me what a good "legal" add-on might be that I could use to test my system to see if I can locate the problem. Thanks!

youtube
Okay, I tried YouTube and playing a disc (Blood Diamond), and still got audio but no video except for some flashing colors. This is a Dell 64bit desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro, using the on-board video chip,on an Intel motherboard. I have a couple of nVidia graphics cards lying around, would it solve the problem if I installed one of them into this computer? BTW, using Media Classic player, the disc plays back fine, and so does YouTube directly from the internet. I tried playing back some MP4 home movies, some .mov files, etc. and all work. Seems like the issue is with Kodi. Also, when I click on the "door knocker" to exit the program, as soon as I click "Exit", my computer locks up and I have to use Task Manager to get out of Kodi. I am using a Logitach Trackball mouse, which has not given me any problems. Please advise, this is driving me crazy! And how do I post a "log" of issue for others to see? Thanks!
(2016-10-22, 18:50)bushfilm Wrote: Okay, I tried YouTube and playing a disc (Blood Diamond), and still got audio but no video except for some flashing colors. This is a Dell 64bit desktop computer running Windows 7 Pro, using the on-board video chip,on an Intel motherboard. I have a couple of nVidia graphics cards lying around, would it solve the problem if I installed one of them into this computer? BTW, using Media Classic player, the disc plays back fine, and so does YouTube directly from the internet. I tried playing back some MP4 home movies, some .mov files, etc. and all work. Seems like the issue is with Kodi. Also, when I click on the "door knocker" to exit the program, as soon as I click "Exit", my computer locks up and I have to use Task Manager to get out of Kodi. I am using a Logitach Trackball mouse, which has not given me any problems. Please advise, this is driving me crazy! And how do I post a "log" of issue for others to see? Thanks!

Upload the log to a site such as pastebin and get a link for it.

Post a link to your http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log in this thread.
I tried a friend's advice which was to de-install v16 and try v15, which I did and it seems to be working fine. Only issue now is that video quality seems to be barely average; how do I get it to play back in at least 720p? Also, can anyone help me with getting the video from my computer onto my flat screen TV?/ I am using an ASUS router for wi-fi, plenty of speed (350mbps). just not sure how to get Kodi output into some kind of media server so I can watch it over my network. Have a Sony tv with DLNA. Can this happen with WIndows Media Center or do I need something like PLEX? Thanks so much for all the help!
(2016-10-22, 20:56)bushfilm Wrote: Only issue now is that video quality seems to be barely average; how do I get it to play back in at least 720p?

Huh

Not sure what you mean here. Kodi just plays back your content, you can't improve the quality of your source material. If you rip a DVD then it will be 576p or 480p (upscaled to your screen's resolution) etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound...No Picture0