• 7(current)
Release ESPN Player - available in the official repository
Like you mentioned.

Today under Upcoming I See the games in sepember, but archive no August games.

One thing, which hasnt the old Version, but the old ESPN Plugin.

If I start the Addon as Shortcut on Home Screen, there are errors. Over Addons - Video Addons - ESPN Player no errors
I fixed the schedule oddness over lunch. I just have it grab the surrounding months now, which should cover what's available.

I'll try to reproduce the shortcut error tonight and see what I can do.

In other news: I've been in contact with the original addon author, who is doing a complete rewrite of the addon to be cleaner code.
I'm not sure when it will be done, but I shared the fixes for the stream tokens which should help speed that effort up.

I'll continue to maintain my fixed version until the new official version is available.
(2017-09-01, 14:14)mdklein Wrote: I fixed the schedule oddness over lunch. I just have it grab the surrounding months now, which should cover what's available.

I'll try to reproduce the shortcut error tonight and see what I can do.

In other news: I've been in contact with the original addon author, who is doing a complete rewrite of the addon to be cleaner code.
I'm not sure when it will be done, but I shared the fixes for the stream tokens which should help speed that effort up.

I'll continue to maintain my fixed version until the new official version is available.

Thank you! Smile
I get error @ Installation with the new Version.
I'm not really sure what would cause that, but I just bumped the minor version number in case it was mad about that...

I'm also unable to reproduce the favourite error. Maybe try uninstalling the addon/installing the zip just in case something odd is being included from old versions? Maybe make sure auto-update is turned off?

I just tried updating from the zip, and it worked for me:

maybe grab this build to be safe, it should have the latest fixes to schedule: https://mdklein.github.io/plugin.video.e...-1.0.3.zip
(2017-09-01, 14:14)mdklein Wrote: I fixed the schedule oddness over lunch. I just have it grab the surrounding months now, which should cover what's available.

Thank you so much for your work.
Its more appreciated than you realise, all day I've been looking forward to getting home from work and watching last nights Ohio State-Indiana game but there is no on demand content showing on the Android app or web version, you seem to have spotted a bug in the schedule that the app and web developers haven't.
Thank you again, because of you I can actually watch the game through Kodi rather than grind my teeth that its not on Smile
BTW Version 1.03 works again and schedules are ok.

(2017-09-01, 18:04)mdklein Wrote: 19:03:40 T:139796185855744 ERROR: /home/marcus/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:132: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This p$
InsecurePlatformWarning
19:03:40 T:139796435244800 ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file
19:03:40 T:139796185855744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('airingId',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 318, in <module>
router(sys.argv[2][1:]) # trim the leading '?' from the plugin call paramstring
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 296, in router
play_video(params['airingId'])
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 206, in play_video
stream_url = espn.get_stream_url(airingId)
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/resources/lib/espnlib.py", line 229, in get_stream_url
'pkan': self.get_pkan(token),
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/resources/lib/espnlib.py", line 209, in get_pkan
'airingId': token['airingId'],
KeyError: ('airingId',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:03:40 T:139797395355648 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.espn-player/?action=play_video&airingId=18799333]
19:03:41 T:139796435244800 ERROR: EXCEPTION: XBMC is not playing any file
19:03:48 T:139796185855744 ERROR: Previous line repeats 7 times.
19:03:48 T:139796185855744 ERROR: /home/marcus/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:334: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Na$
SNIMissingWarning
19:03:48 T:139796185855744 ERROR: /home/marcus/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:132: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This p$
InsecurePlatformWarning
19:03:49 T:139796185855744 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('airingId',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 318, in <module>
router(sys.argv[2][1:]) # trim the leading '?' from the plugin call paramstring
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 296, in router
play_video(params['airingId'])
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/default.py", line 206, in play_video
stream_url = espn.get_stream_url(airingId)
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/resources/lib/espnlib.py", line 229, in get_stream_url
'pkan': self.get_pkan(token),
File "/home/marcus/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.espn-player/resources/lib/espnlib.py", line 209, in get_pkan
'airingId': token['airingId'],
KeyError: ('airingId',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

Above the error, when i go via Shortcut. 2 times.

Then over Addons - Video - ESPN and it works.

I saw a Difference:

over menu - "Bitte warten" bzw "Please wait" then main menu.

and over shortcut not.

I mentioned, that the old Addon (with red ESPN Logo on black ground) has the same issue, the first Versions of this Addon not.
Thank you very much for your effort. It worked very well yesterday.Love
I watched College Football from 6:00 pm to 5:00 am. The Qaulity was outstanding, no crashes or errors during a Game!

I had only one problem. After I wanted to change the game I had to restart Kodi every time.
After that I could watch a new game.
no you have not to restart kodi.

Go over Addons - Video Addons - ESPN Player and it works.

(not over a short cut)

When you start the Addon you must see "working" and then its fine.

And after watching over a time you must go in the main menu and new start the addon.
I think I figured out what's going on in both of these cases. Will see what I can do.
Fix seems to be working.

https://mdklein.github.io/plugin.video.e...-1.0.4.zip
I will test it.

What was the error?
I added check to revalidate login status prior to requesting a video stream.

In the case of the favourites, the login function was getting skipped.

In the case of the post-game switching, the login token was too old.
How do I use the plug-in to get the add-on to work? Sorry for what might seem to be an obvious question, but i know nothing about programming. Any suggestions? BTW thanks for the solution. I know me and a lot of other college football fans really appreciate your hard work.
It seems there are problems, with live events. I see no events today. (Live, Upcoming or archive)

Maybe the devolper can take a look ?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN Player - available in the official repository2