• 1(current)
Release ESPN Player - available in the official repository

ESPN Player Kodi plugin

Before reading further, please note that this plugin is unoffical and is not endorsed or supported by ESPN in any way. Not all features are supported or thoroughly tested and may not work as intended. If you're interested in helping out with the development, then please just send me a pull request. If you're reporting a bug, make sure you've enabled debugging in both the addon settings as well as in Kodi and attached the log. Feedback and constructive input are of course always welcome.

Dependencies:

This plugin is available in the official Kodi repository and all dependencies will be installed automatically when installed from there. However, if you're installing straight from git, please make sure you've got the following modules installed:
This plugin supports Kodi Jarvis or later. While it may work fine on older versions as well, it is unsupported and you're encouraged to upgrade.

Features:
  • NCAA College Pass
  • IndyCar Series (untested)
  • ESPN Select (untested)
  • Live games
  • Archived games
  • Live channels (ESPNU, SEC Network and Longhorn Network)

Links:
thanks so much emil...bookmarked Smile
thanks for this! I don't normally watch espn but I will check it out now. I will def import the live chans into ptvl though.
Awesome, great work thanks!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thank you so much for your work on this addon, it is really appreciated.
(2016-09-21, 16:58)bry- Wrote: thanks for this! I don't normally watch espn but I will check it out now. I will def import the live chans into ptvl though.

This is a subscription service so the live channels wont work unless you subscribe.
Also I don't like to criticize emilsvennesson after such a great addon has been made in such a short space of time but it should also be noted that this service will not work with a US IP,
I'm not sure of all the countries its available in but I'm pretty sure its a pan European service, the website will show the non European countries where its also available .
Well that's a bummer. Thanks for heads up stammie
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Quote:I haven't tested forwarding in archived games, but that's nothing I have control over I'm afraid. The addon only resolves the URL from ESPN Player, and the actual playback is being done by Kodi/ffmpeg. Have you tried the same game on an iPad/iPhone and verified that the same problem doesn't exist there?

Tommorow I will test it with my Ipad.

Only games, which are cutting by ESPN have the problem in second half. The counter start with 0:0:0.

In non cutting games forwarding is no problem.

BTW there are the cfb Playoffs and bowls in the college Pass. And only ESPN Conference Finals?

March madness?

Other Sports like Lacrosse, Hockey or Little League?
(2016-09-21, 22:53)WHamilton Wrote:
Quote:I haven't tested forwarding in archived games, but that's nothing I have control over I'm afraid. The addon only resolves the URL from ESPN Player, and the actual playback is being done by Kodi/ffmpeg. Have you tried the same game on an iPad/iPhone and verified that the same problem doesn't exist there?

Tommorow I will test it with my Ipad.

Only games, which are cutting by ESPN have the problem in second half. The counter start with 0:0:0.

In non cutting games forwarding is no problem.

BTW there are the cfb Playoffs and bowls in the college Pass. And only ESPN Conference Finals?

March madness?

Other Sports like Lacrosse, Hockey or Little League?

This is what's available according to their FAQ:

NCAA Men’s College Football
Over 500 fixtures per season, including ESPN College GameDay and over 25 Bowl Series Games, and the College Playoff. Plus all content from SEC Network and ESPNU.
NCAA Men’s College Basketball
Over 700 fixtures per season including regular season games, Championship tournaments, College GameDay & signing days, Championship Week & every game from March Madness. Plus all content from SEC Network and ESPNU.
NCAA Women’s College Basketball
Over 550 games per season including Championship Week.
NCAA Sports
Over 600 fixtures & championships from the very best in NCAA sport including: Ice Hockey (including the Frozen Four), Softball & Baseball (including the NCAA World Series), Lacrosse , Wrestling (including Championship), Water Polo, Volleyball, Tennis, Swimming & Diving, Soccer, Gymnastics, Bowling and Track & Field.
I can't comment on other sports as I pretty much only use this for football, but if last season is anything to go by the College Football Playoffs and National Championship game will be on this service as well as many major bowl games (here's hoping I'm watching The Buckeyes in Tampa via this addon in January Smile )

Think anything available on ESPN, ABC and the SEC Network that is available in the US.
Thank you sooooo much for this add on. Works perfect. Just the forward issue from ESPN. Not sure how they handle this.

For the Bowl Games they will not show the Cure Bowl (CBS), Foster Farms Bowl (FOX), Arizona Bowl (Campus Insiders). All other games will be on the ESPN Player. Including the National Championship Game.

Here you can see which games are on the Player. And they show some more FCS and Division II and III games.
FBS
http://www.espn.co.uk/college-football/f...s/_/week/5
FCS
http://www.espn.co.uk/college-football/f.../81/week/5
Div II/III
http://www.espn.co.uk/college-football/f.../35/week/5

This overview is also very good as alternative.
http://mattsarzsports.com/Season/Content...-axLSQjXyn
http://mattsarzsports.com/Season/Content...-ayNiQjXyk

The majority of NCAA fixtures broadcast in the USA on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNews, ABC and ESPNU will be shown live and on-demand on ESPN Player. EXCLUSIVE: ACC Network Extra and SEC Network+ college football fixtures will be available from the start of the 2016 season.

The SEC Network, ESPNU and Longhorn Network are also available as full 24/7 linear channels on ESPN Player. These channels are available as simulcast (i.e. as live) and not available on-demand. Certain fixtures (specifically from ESPNU) may be offered as a standalone fixture and could be available on-demand, please check the schedules for more information.
Is there possible to look after eversport.tv? Here in Germany you can watch for free pac12 and BigTen games.
(2016-09-26, 23:25)WHamilton Wrote: Is there possible to look after eversport.tv? Here in Germany you can watch for free pac12 and BigTen games.

Thanks for this, replays of Big Ten games at least work in here in the UK as well as having English commentary Smile.
The quality isn't the greatest but if I get to view the odd Buckeye game I can't view any other way this service could be a goer for me,
for example there was absolutely no way for me to view the recent Ohio State-Oklahoma game here in the UK other than searching out dodgy streams (luckily a good friend in the US let me use their cable login to use Fox Sports Go for it),
so I now have an alternative to look to for those games I cannot get by paying for them Smile
About Eversport.tv

They show all Pac-12 Network and Big Ten Network games for free. Also some Big Sky games.

They will also show Big10 Network College Football games for free. Pac-12 also but not for free.

They try to get a better feed for the Big Ten games.

EDIT: Pac-12 Football not free anymore.
Thank you SOOO MUCH for developing this. frankly, works better than anything I have seen on the ESPN player. One request would be to be able to filter by sports.

Thank you!
Nvidia Shield Pro
Kodi 19.x (it self updates, not sure what we are on now)
** need advice on an NAS Server for Kodi to access **
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN Player - available in the official repository2