Failed to install add-on from zip issue!
Great news!!! Smile

After installing Beta 6 I am now able to install Metropolis skin update with the same skin already being used.

I did not get the update failed message this time and instead got the Add on updated message.

Huge thanks for fixing this issue! Smile
Update!

I installed the latest Beta 6 nightly build last night and the issue is back again Sad

I get the failed to install add on message again.
Any progress with this bug?
Hoping for an update on this bug. W10 Anniversary Edition, Kodi 17 BETA 5. Unable to install anything from Zip (fails). Updating of existing addons also fail. Love the new interface but will go back to 16.1 for time being
@slideaway
try to create a "temp" folder in your kodi profile directory. It worked for me.
@Martijn:

Today i have tried to update my currently in use Skin Aeon Nox SILVIO from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 in Kodi on my Windows 10 x64 HTPCs.
It stucked at "Downloading 5%" for a while (~30 Seconds) and then showed again "Update available".
I repeated this ~3 times.

Every time i hit "Update" in gui the following lines are visible in the log:

Code:
20:12:01 T:5236   ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file C:\Users\popy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo
20:12:01 T:5236   ERROR: Failed to move old addon files from 'C:\Users\popy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo' to 'C:\Users\popy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\33718d66-e288-4dcf-a01a-7b1c16e0a630'

I am running beta 6 nightly from 04.11.2016.
Here is the complete log: http://pastebin.com/8GiSSmcn

On my machines there was a temp folder and also everytime i hit "update" in the skin configuration page a new folder with a copy of the current skin will be created, like:

C:\Users\popy\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\e64afba0-4de7-49e5-885a-e4cd27615198

I also tested with the newest nigthly "KodiSetup-20161122-fed4aad-master.exe" and issue is still here.
Is there anything else we could help to identify/fix the issue?

thx
pOpY
Next test build
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...rypton.exe
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-12-08, 21:19)Martijn Wrote: Next test build

Good news your latest test build seems to fix the issue! Smile

When clicking on the updated zip file for Metropolis skin while Metropolis skin is in use the screen goes complete black and then when it comes back a few seconds later it says Metropolis Add on updated!

Thanks for working so hard to get this bug fixed! Nod
If anyone can also test a migration scenario towards v17 with this build that would be great.

So have v16 or earlier installed and any skin in use besides Confluence and then use this build to upgrade to see if all works.

Another test case is having some skin theme selected and let it update.

Make sure you have backups.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-12-08, 21:19)Martijn Wrote: Next test build

Update of currently in use skin (Aeon Nox SILVIO 6.0.2) is working for me with your test build.
Kodi goes to black when update starts and comes back with message "addon updated!".
Seems to be fixed, for me at least Rofl

Just had one message "MPEG DASH addon is not compatible!" on start?

Before update i was on the build "KodiSetup-20161125-fcd3867-master.exe".

pOpY
(2016-12-08, 22:15)Martijn Wrote: If anyone can also test a migration scenario towards v17 with this build that would be great.

So have v16 or earlier installed and any skin in use besides Confluence and then use this build to upgrade to see if all works.

I currently have kodi 17 installed so to run these test I need to install 16 over 17 and then reinstall 17. And then also try and update my skin again is that correct?

I am just a little confused with your directions.

Is this test different then what I have already done? Because like I already said my skin did finally update without issue thanks to your new test build.
(2016-12-08, 22:15)Martijn Wrote: If anyone can also test a migration scenario towards v17 with this build that would be great.

Has anyone here been able to test this for Martijn yet?
(2016-12-10, 17:59)gate1975mlm Wrote:

Has anyone here been able to test this for Martijn yet?

Sorry but i am on v17 with all my clients.

Hi Martijn,

I have Kodi 17 your test build on all of my PC's but would like to help you out with these remaining test.

Please tell me exactly what you would like me to do like do I need to uninstall Kodi 17?

Thanks

Hey i have done the following to test a migration scenario:
  • Uninstalled v17 completely including userdata
  • Installed Jarvis v16.1
  • Installed Aeon Nox SILVIO Skin from Aeon Nox repo
  • Test some media & LiveTV, just to be sure things are working
  • Installed your latest testbuild "KodiSetup-20161208-e888d38-skin_unload_krypton.exe"
  • After launch of kodi v17 it does the addon migration and has disabled Aeon Nox SILVIO and switched back to estuary
  • I have tried to activate aeon nox SILVIO, but that didnt work
  • After that i have updated the addon in addon browser to the krypton version (6.0.2)
  • ...activate it and skin was working
  • just to be sure i have tried again to manually update the skin -> like my last post, screen went black and "updated" message appeared after that

Because skins which are not compatible with v17 gets disabled on migration (first start) -> we dont need to test migration scenario further!?
Am i right?

Your fix is working as it should in v17!
Switching and updating skins is working again!

pOpY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed to install add-on from zip issue!0