v17 Duplication of recording icon on guide
(2016-09-29, 10:39)beeswax Wrote: I am having the same problem with Krypton beta 2 and the DVBLink PVR:
The ghost timers are there as soon as I go into the guide. I can't see any logic regarding what ghost timers appear, most programs say they have a timer but some do not. Never saw this on Jarvis.

edit: after messing around a bit more, this is only getting more confusing. Different ghost timers appear on subsequent restarts of Kodi, occasionally I don't see any at all. Can you guys try clearing your EPG data when you're not seeing any or as many ghost timers? BEcause I just tried that and once the EPG had been refreshed almost every program had a timer again. I'll try and get a video of this posted shortly because it is difficult to explain.

I tried clearing EPG data like you did in the video. Clearing the EPG data removes the ghost timers but doesn't generate any new ones for me.

The only way I get ghost timers is by tuning into a channel. If a open every channel one by one, I will have ghost timers on every channel.

In Kodi settings I have selected "Don't cache in local database" so every time I restart Kodi I have a clean looking guide, at least for a while Smile
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
I have the feeling that you're database where Kodi stores channels, channel groups etc. somehow got broken.

Could you please exit Kodi and rename TV29.db, then? The db will be recreated on next Kodi start. Does this help?
Do you also have the problems if you're using Kodi Krypton default skin, Estuary?
I renamed the database and tried with stock Estuary and Confluence. Same issues as before. With Jarvis no problems at all. Maybe someone else with DVBViewer could try to replicate the issue.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
@maxtherabbit would you mind installing a special test build with some special extended logging? If yes, which OS? Windows?
Sure. Windows would be easiest because of portable installations.
@maxtherabbit (and whoever wants to help): could you please try http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...timers.exe Please enable debug logging, reproduce the problem and post a link to the log file here.
Thank you for looking into this ksooo, I've grabbed the pdb, renamed to Kodi.pdb and placed it alongside Kodi.exe, here's a debug log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9I6-h...Th5VnJfdG8

edit: additional log with less legit schdules (Peppa Pig was creating lots of timers.)

I believe I can tell from the speed at which the EPG is imported at startup whether Kodi is refreshing it from the backend or using a cache (because DVBLink is particularly slow at doing a full refresh). The run which is logged here used a cached EPG to begin with, when I looked at the EPG, only legit timers were showing. So I waiting until 10:43 exactly before doing a 'Clear Data' and letting it reimport. This is when I see lots of timers being added. The ones that are named in the log e.g. Peppa Pig, Natural World etc are all correct, legit timers. I'm guessing the further 697 timers in the log which only have an id number are the ghost ones. Does this help at all?
Hey Ksooo, happy to help (if you need more logs than what beeswax has provided) although i get a 404 from your link at the moment...

Ash
Remove the '.' from the end of the URL AshG.

I've worked something out on this - I looked at my legit schedules list and the Peppa Pig series link did have an awful lot of timers associated with it because at any given time of day, there's an episode of it on somewhere! So to reduce clutter a bit, I deleted that schedule and repeated the same test as in the video I posted earlier. At first, I thought the probelem was gone because even after an EPG refresh, I didn't see any ghost timers. Until I scrolled to this evening, where I see every channel recording at certain points.

Now that the Peppa Pig background noise is out of the way, it's much clearer what's happening - wherever a legitimate timer exists, Kodi or the DVBLink addon are putting a timer icon on every other channel that has a show starting at the same time. This matches up perfectly with the observations AshG made in his first post. Don't know if that helps narrow it down, hope so.

edit: here is a new log with the Peppa Pig schedule removed, might be a little less cluttered at least. EPG refresh triggered at exactly 11:09 this time.
I installed the test version in a separate folder and ran it in portable mode. Only things I did was enabling the DVBViewer addon and setting Kodi not to cache the guide in it's database.

After that I restarted Kodi and enabled debug logging. I opened the guide and saw no ghost timers. I had 4 timers for today: 2 for Discovery Channel at 15:00 and 15:30, one for Nelonen at 13:45 and one disabled timer for FOX at 21:00.

Then I flipped through all of my 18 channels. After that I opened the guide and it had ghost timers on every channel that had a program starting at 15:00, 15:30 or 21:00. The program starting at 13:45 didn't cause any ghost timers because no other channel had a program starting at the same time. And it's the same way for all other days in the guide.

Here is my log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/23254835/

The file is huge because I have almost 1 000 recordings in my database and Kodi likes go through all of them many times Smile
Quote:I had 4 timers for today: 2 for Discovery Channel at 15:00 and 15:30, one for Nelonen at 13:45 and one disabled timer for FOX at 21:00.

How many timers do you have in sum? Only these 4? I see a lot more timers reported from the backend.
@beeswax:

Quote:Thank you for looking into this ksooo, I've grabbed the pdb, renamed to Kodi.pdb and placed it alongside Kodi.exe, here's a debug log:

oops. my fault. I posted the link to the pdb which is of no help. wanted to post the link to the exe of the installer of the special kodi build i provided. i corrected the link now. sorry for the confusion. of you like, you can install http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...timers.exe (now the link is correct), enable debug, restart, reproduce the problem, send the log.
And yes, it really helps to understand the logs if you could remove (not only disable!) all timers but one (no series timer, a single shot is best) before creating the log. At the moment i see so many timers that i can make almost nothing out of the logs. :-(
(2016-09-30, 14:42)ksooo Wrote:
Quote:I had 4 timers for today: 2 for Discovery Channel at 15:00 and 15:30, one for Nelonen at 13:45 and one disabled timer for FOX at 21:00.

How many timers do you have in sum? Only these 4? I see a lot more timers reported from the backend.
88. Those 4 are today's timers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplication of recording icon on guide1