v17 Duplication of recording icon on guide
@maxtherabbit thanks for the logs. Now I know that the dvbviewer addon actually basically has the same bug as the dvblink addon and that my workaround works for both addons. dvbviever addon also does not provide unique epg event uids.
ksooo, is it possible your fix the DVBLink's shortcomings could cause any problems when creating timers from the EPG? I just tried setting a few one-shot recordings and when I do, the timer icon appears on the channel above or below. After adding then removing various timers across 3 adjacent channels, one of the "Do you want to delete this timer" prompts was actually for a completely different series link timer. It was asking if I wanted to cancel just that timer or the whole series, even though the timer I had selected was supposed to be a one-shot for a completely different show on a completely different channel.

Just inbetween dinner and the kids' bedtime routine so I won't have time to get logs and stuff for you until later on but until then, is it feasible that the timer ID fix could cause id mixups when creating/removing timers from the EPG view?
(2016-10-01, 19:33)beeswax Wrote: ksooo, is it possible your fix the DVBLink's shortcomings could cause any problems when creating timers from the EPG? I just tried setting a few one-shot recordings and when I do, the timer icon appears on the channel above or below. After adding then removing various timers across 3 adjacent channels, one of the "Do you want to delete this timer" prompts was actually for a completely different series link timer. It was asking if I wanted to cancel just that timer or the whole series, even though the timer I had selected was supposed to be a one-shot for a completely different show on a completely different channel.

Just inbetween dinner and the kids' bedtime routine so I won't have time to get logs and stuff for you until later on but until then, is it feasible that the timer ID fix could cause id mixups when creating/removing timers from the EPG view?

I got a feeling this is another bug and has nothing to do with anything Ksooo has implemented, I was experiencing what you describe along with the ghost timers... see my 1st image in my 1st original post...
I admit, I haven't had time to roll one of the NUCs back to beta2 yet to check but this is more than just a misplaced icon, it's possible to get the IDs so mixed up after toggling a few that removing a one-shot timer produces a prompt asking if you want to remove one or all of a series link timer for a different show on a different channel.
One can never be 100% sure, but I think my fix has nothing to do with the "mixup" problems you described.
Hi guys, regarding the cause of the ghost timers: I was wrong, i guess. Although documentation is lacking, it seems that the addons implemented things right and my "workaround" in the pvr core is actually the right fix for the ghost timers. Just to let you know. So, please stop pestering dvblogic to fix stuff, They don't need to.
Thanks for letting us know ksooo. I guess I need to replicate this other issue on a clean install and get some logs for you then, I was sort of pinning my hopes on an update from DVBLogic fixing that. I should have time to do that tomorrow.
Just to let you know, I merged the ghost timer fix into Krypton master. This means that the fix will be included in next nightly build.
(2016-10-02, 18:40)ksooo Wrote: Just to let you know, I merged the ghost timer fix into Krypton master. This means that the fix will be included in next nightly build.

Thanks ksooo, i'll download it tomorrow and test, ive tested also on a nightly (kodi17.0Beta3git20160929-2ec0be0-dirty and can confirm im also experiancing the same "behaviour" that Besswax has described with the other issue.

Essentially i navigate to the epg and select record. The recording icon then appears directly on the channel above (in the epg) on the next program that starts e.g i want to record program A, which starts at 22:00 on channel 2 but the icon is displayed on program B that starts at 22:20 on channel 1 which is directly above... the timer however in the back end is saved correctly, then after a couple of minutes the correct icon is also displayed (so 2 icons will be displayed) after a while the ghost timers then apear (which is expected as this is pre your fix)

I can delete the timer by clicking on either timer (fake or real) and it will delete the timer from the back end, the real record icon is also removed, however the fake icon remains on the epg.

Then if i click on the fake icon to delete the time. I get a message to delete another random timer (although the timers do apear to be on the same channel - although i cant identify (as of yet) any pattern...

@beeswax,@maxtherabbit; does this sum things up and is similer to what you are experiencing?

Hope the above makes sense! I've hjad a bottle of wine and seriously had to concentrate on typing!
Yes AshG, that sums it up pretty well. I still haven't had time to replicate this on a clean install and get logs yet. Mainly due to the PVR system being in use but also the 2 under-2s in the house who are currently conducting some kind of cruel experiment on me to see how little sleep a man can survive on Sad
I need logs. Please use the special build I made- the most recent one that includes the ghost timer fix. There are chances that the additional logging I put in there is also suitable to give a clue about the "off by one channel" problem. Normal nightly definitely does not log enough info!
Hi Ksooo, here you go: http://pastebin.com/q8vzKdax

Something that I've just worked out is this only appears to happen when i select the the channel in the 2nd row of the EPG list (or certainly only with your test build) if i select a program on the 3rd line or indeed any other channel, it behaves as expected, correctly placing the recording icon.

What you should see in the log is that i recorded "Preston on Sunday" on ITV on 22:20 (3rd row on the EPG) this showed the icon correctly which also saved the timer correctly. I then selected QI XL on BBC Two to record, the timer saved correctly in the Back-end but the timer icon showed in the program on the channel above.

hope this helps?
Thanks @AshG. This time things are very clear. Problem is definitely a bug in the addon. I will open a ticket on github.
github ticket for pvr.dvblink: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues/58
Thanks Ksooo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplication of recording icon on guide1