After starting Kodi "Videos" marked in "Home"?
How can I let Kodi focus on / select one of the items "FILME" or "VIDEOS" in the menu in "Home" after Kodi starts:
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
If you go to Settings>Interface Settings>Other. There is an option Startup Window.

You can select where you want Kodi to start.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much.

Quote:There is an option Startup Window.
Yes, that will open a special window as far as I know on start up, but actually that is not what I want.

Or is there a shortcut to open "VIDEOS" or "FILME"?

Many thanks again
Ok, what do you want?

Do you just want focus on a particular menu item? I read your statement as "to focus then select".
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:Do you just want focus on a particular menu item?
Yes, that is right.

Repectively, actually I want a shortcut to the search window in "Home", but I do not know how to make that, so the closest to this seems to be a focused menu item and to press ENTER to open it and then to press "F" to open the search.
This would be the default set in the skin, you would have to edit the skin directly or appeal to the skinner for this change. Not much to do with the windows support thread.
Quote:This would be the default set in the skin
I have it set like that but it does no focus on one of those items.

you would have to edit the skin directly or appeal to the skinner for this change. Not much to do with the windows support thread.
Oops, I had thought Confluence is a / the standard skin for Kodi and supplied with it and thus the skinner would be the developers of Kodi, very sorry.
Confluence skin is here https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

You might be better off creating a new post in that forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After starting Kodi "Videos" marked in "Home"?0