add main menu option
Hi all,

I am using the Estuary default skin and love it. I have tried the mod skin but I found it to be too different, and due to visual impairment issues, the layout and full screen nature of the default skin is wonderful so this is the skin I'd like to keep. (mod skin is not full screen, and some info like the audio channels, etc are different places, so it's not 100% like for like sadly)

I want to however add a new category on the main menu (ie when I click movies it goes direct to movies, when I click TV shows it goes direct to TV shows, so when I click Standup it goes direct to my stand up and when I click kids it goes direct to the kids TV shows).

All my media are located on my home NAS, so I have movies at /NAS/media/movies. I have TV shows located /NAS/media/tv and I have all my stand up shows at /NAS/media/standup. It's this Stand up that I'd love to have on the main menu below Movies and TV Shows.

When I tried to add it before, it asked what it was, TV show, movie, music and given the metadata comes from IMDb on most of those, I went with movies and they were merged with all my movies (not what I wanted), so I redone it with TV shows and same thing happen with those.

I have them in a different folder on my media nas becuase they are. I also have /NAS/media/kids for my daughters shows and that would be going on this menu thing too.

I know I might have to edit the xml file, but if any one can point me in the right direction, it woudl be brilliant becuase I am quite new to kodi as I have came from plex. Although if there is a plugin availible then that would be much easier.

Thank you
this may work with kodi 17 I have it working with kodi 18
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333279
If you edit the Home.xml file for Estuary, the definition of the main menu is a fixedlist with the ID of 9000. It's near the end of the file.
Each menu item is defined as in the example below, which is the movie menu item:
xml:

<item>
                            <label>$LOCALIZE[342]</label>
                            <onclick condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return)</onclick>
                            <onclick condition="!Library.HasContent(movies)">ActivateWindow(Videos,sources://video/,return)</onclick>
                            <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[5000]</property>
                            <thumb>icons/sidemenu/movies.png</thumb>
                            <property name="id">movies</property>
                            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
                        </item>

Start by copying the block above and pasting it where you want the menu item to appear in relation to the other menu items.
$LOCALIZE[342] is a placeholder for the word 'Movies' in all the various supported languages. You can just replace this with "Kid's Movies" (without quotes).
You must also give the menu_id a unique number instead of 5000. Most of it should be self explanatory.

Here's an example I've used myself to create a 'Shortcuts' menu item which launches the base folder of the superfavourites addon. But note there is no background / fanart displayed. (That's another story).
Hopefully this will point you in the right direction. You should be able to just change the word "Shortcuts" to "Kid's Movies" (no quotes), the line beginning with <onclick> and the line <property name="id">shortcuts</property>

Hope this helps!

xml:

<item>
                            <label>Shortcuts</label>
                            <onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites")</onclick>
                            <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[14010]</property>
                            <thumb>icons/sidemenu/favourites.png</thumb>
                            <property name="id">shortcuts</property>
                        </item>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add main menu option0