Need help with customizing
After a bit of trial and error, I was finally able to get something close to what I was wanting to accomplish.  I got a column added for the IMDB rating, but wasn't able to figure out how to make it to where it would automatically change to the year (in my added column) if I decided to sort by IMDB rating.  If I do sort by rating, it just shows the rating twice, but oh well, close enough.  I think I would have to create some kind of variable to get my desired effect, and I'm thinking that may be a bit too advanced for me right now.

I would've liked to have the column positioned farther to right, but it would cause overlap issues if I ever wanted to sort by date added, so I went ahead and moved it farther left and resized the title column to prevent it from overlapping with the newly created one.

I believe the Sort methods are defined within the Kodi core C++ code so the skin has no control on this, only how it is displayed.
you may be able to find out how to do it by playing around with smartplay list
they are saved in kodi main folder userdata

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name></name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="year" operator="greaterthan">
        <value>1990</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="year" operator="lessthan">
        <value>1992</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

then changing  menu to playlist
I had found this within the skin.estuary folder in the variables.xml file.  ListItem.Label12 is also in the portion of code that adds the year, rating, date added, etc to the original column, so I was thinking I would need to create something similar to this, or possibly alter it to include the newly made column, but I was clueless about doing any of that.
Code:
<variable name="ListLabel2Var">
        <value condition="String.IsEmpty(Container.PluginName) + Container.Content(tvshows) + String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Property(WatchedEpisodes)]$INFO[ListItem.Property(TotalEpisodes), / ,]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Container.SortMethod,$LOCALIZE[556])">$INFO[ListItem.Year]</value>
        <value condition="!String.isempty(ListItem.Appearances)">$LOCALIZE[38026]: $INFO[ListItem.Appearances]</value>
        <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</value>
    </variable>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with customizing0