Rapier CPU low power mode random reset
Hi, i recently purchased a RaPi 3 and set it up with libreelec (first Pi build i have tried) and I installed the Rapier skin, and loving the look, but running into an issue where the low cpu power mode (Disable animations and cpu demanding skin functions) will not stay enabled, sometimes it will stay on for a few hours and sometimes it will reset by the time i get back to the home screen. My disabled categories are also occasionally reverting back to enabled but that has stayed for the last 3 reboots now so it may not be an issue any more. Any help would be appreciated.
Thought I would at least ask. Does your RP3 have a fan? I had to put one on mine because, it was overheating. From what I have read a fan is a must for a RP3 with KODI or any other hard on CPU software.

Edit: I run straight openelec, I have use osmc, but in the end openelec was my preferred choice.
libreelec is more that what openelec should be Wink try it.
Hi rmh400 and welcome to the forums.

It's definately not a skin issue.

I agree that it sounds like the system failing to write to the settings xml file. And as Ains mention, it could very likely be caused by overheating.

Rapier is not the lightest skin on a Rpi. I use it on a Rpi2 and I experience some lagging from time to time.
Which version of Kodi do you use?

There might be some issues with storing skin settings using some of the more recent nightly versions (started about a week ago).

Might be related: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=291942

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier CPU low power mode random reset0