Very Strange/Random Remote Control / PowerDVD Issue.
I'm struggling with an extremely strange issue; and what's making it very hard to resolve is it's extremely random nature.

I'm on Kodi v17 "Krypton', Windows 10 Pro x64.
Using Hauppauge Colossus Remote Control (Link)
Using PowerDVD as an External Player for ISO's, using the wonderful script written by Brazen1 (Link).

Everything works absolutely flawlessly. Kodi, the Remote Control, even PowerDVD for ISO's.

There's just one issue:

SOMETIMES, like 6 out of 10 times, after I STOP media playing in PowerDVD, when I click on the "Close" button on my Remote Control, which is basically the "Green Power Button" on the Hauppauge Colossus Remote, which essentially sends the "Alt + F4" command: PowerDVD Will Not Close!!

If I simply hit Alt+F4 on a connected keyboard, it will close.
But it will not close from the Remote Control.

Mind you, this only happens sometimes. And it's not that remote has become unresponsive to PowerDVD. I can press any other button and they all interact with PowerDVD. Only "Alt + F4" fails to deliver.

Nothing is Frozen. The Focus is not lost. Everything is working fine. Remote Control, PowerDVD, Kodi, Windows.
PowerDVD is IN Focus and will respond to ANY OTHER button on the Remote. Except "Alt+F4".

I can't wrap my head around this. I've solved very troublesome & intricate issues and I've been using an HTPC over almost 6 years now, so I'm very experienced with HTPC related issues.

I just don't understand why SOMETIMES I can close PowerDVD with the Remote, and SOMETIMES I can't!

I'm hoping someone can suggest something to try.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very Strange/Random Remote Control / PowerDVD Issue.0