Release Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17

You are welcome to provide feedback specific to this release in this thread, but please do not request features here. For feature requests, please make a new thread.

Be patient while the release propagates through the repo mirrors.

CHANGES
3.4.0 - 20160923
  • Required changes for Kodi 17 (Krypton).
  • Various bug fixes.
  • Adjustable row height for Banner View.
  • Adjust frame alignment and sizes.
  • Clean up PVR views.
  • Make Leather theme darker.
  • Speed up widget display.
  • Clean up Navigation Menus.
  • Use default widgets from SkinShortcuts/SkinHelper.
  • Show numeric position in lists.
  • Add Breadcrumbs to Global Heading.
  • Restore background fanart for addons.
  • Fix visual glitches in progress bars.
  • Fix Media Overlay text overlapping Media Flags.
  • Support for Videos in Panel Square view.
  • Add screenshots to DialogAddonInfo.
  • Add addon size to DialogAddonInfo.
Congratulations Smile

Is RC5 basically the gold release or will that be updated through the repo?
It will be upgraded. There are 2 small commits that didn't make it into RC5.
Now that the Movie and TV Show ratings are showing up again in the bottom left corner perhaps you should now remove the same ratings info on the information screen above those 5 buttons where the next air date is also displayed? Reason I think this is a good idea is because you do see the rating info show and disappear for like a split second when there is next air date info displayed for TV Shows and it looks a tad strange. Since it is already in the bottom left corner there is really now no need to have it in the other place too right?

Now of course there is no next air date for Movies so you do not see the split second disappearing act there. But for movies too the rating is displayed in the bottom left corner.

Maybe this could be fixed for 3.4.1?

Thanks Smile
Not only the MPAA rating displays there. If you've set your own rating, it shows there, too.

But I had already planned on addressing this in 3.4.1. There are too many different things that can display in that one spot atm.
Cool Smile
So anyway I updated all 3 of my computers to Metropolis 3.4.0 but this time the through the repo instead of the zip and on each computer I got the failed to install message again Sad

Here is exactly how it happens on each computer.

I was using Metropolis went to settings, Add-ons and checked for updates and then I got the failed to install message. So now I shut down kodi and restarted and when kodi opened it switched on its owned to the new default skin. So now I went to switch to Metropolis and it was missing from the list. So I now had to click Get more and reinstall Metropolis. It install just fine all skin settings intact and working fine.

Here is the new Debug log if it helps.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23229278/

I also asked the kodi developers about this issue but they really do not seem like much help. I guess they are really busy with lots of other issues with Kodi.

But am I the only one here seeing this issue?
You'll need to pass that debug log on to the Kodi devs. I don't think this is caused by Metropolis itself, but something to do with your Kodi installation.
(2016-09-25, 18:00)jingai Wrote: You'll need to pass that debug log on to the Kodi devs. I don't think this is caused by Metropolis itself, but something to do with your Kodi installation.

Ok I have a feeling I will need a lot of luck with that though.

Thanks Smile
Well, it is close to a major release of Kodi so just have a bit of patience.
I got the same thing once, the log showed that Kodi disliked something in the addon.xml file, then it disappeared from Kodi, then installed fine.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I just ran xmllint on addon.xml and checked everything in it by hand.. I don't see anything wrong with it, with the sole exception of the Russian description. I've fixed that, and it's a total shot in the dark, but.. would you mind trying to install this and let me know if it has the same problem?
(2016-09-26, 05:26)jingai Wrote: I just ran xmllint on addon.xml and checked everything in it by hand.. I don't see anything wrong with it, with the sole exception of the Russian description. I've fixed that, and it's a total shot in the dark, but.. would you mind trying to install this and let me know if it has the same problem?

Just tried it and unfortunately still same failed to install message

Same as before after I restarted kodi 17 It removed Metropolis so I installed again from your zip without any failed to install message.

It seems like in order to install Metropolis over an existing install you have to install it twice.
Well it's not doing that for me, so I'm not sure that statement holds for everyone else.
(2016-09-26, 14:34)jingai Wrote: Well it's not doing that for me, so I'm not sure that statement holds for everyone else.

Maybe I need to reformat my 3 computers and do clean installs. Of course I am not doing that now because after 2 install attempts Metropolis installs anyway. It just would be nice if it always installed on the first try though. But since you don't get that error then in must be an issue on my 3 computers and not with Metropolis itself which is good news Smile

Maybe I will try some other skins and see if they also give me the failed to install message.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.4.0 for Kodi 17 (Krypton)2