• 113(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
The X9 has landed. Updated firm and beta zdmc.

From a quick look 3D looked impressive - but have to really test.
I have a problem with zdmc, it found my movies, but playback via external player does not work, nothing happens. Setting kodi to internal and it works.
Just playing via external alone without zdmc works.
Got a nas, connected via smb

Any ideas?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
(2017-06-13, 20:09)twinpeaks Wrote: This isn't a hardware issue - I'd suggest you go over to the Kodi forums for general help. They'll want to look over your logs (in fact, if you look over them yourself you may figure out the problem.)

Probably. I just comment my problem in this other thread:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2602925

Sorry.
(2017-06-14, 01:58)Vimaro Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 20:09)twinpeaks Wrote: This isn't a hardware issue - I'd suggest you go over to the Kodi forums for general help. They'll want to look over your logs (in fact, if you look over them yourself you may figure out the problem.)

Sorry.

Well, It happens that KODI forum doesn't accept my issue because is ZDMC issue!
Is not a KODI supported version, but a fork version :-(
All Android Platform running custom Forks of Kodi are in the same boat, so don't feel left out.

It's one of the perils of buying a platform that does not run a standard native version on Kodi.

(2017-06-14, 23:35)Vimaro Wrote:
(2017-06-14, 01:58)Vimaro Wrote:

Sorry.

Well, It happens that KODI forum doesn't accept my issue because is ZDMC issue!
Is not a KODI supported version, but a fork version :-(

I selected other movie scraper.
I changed from "The Movie Database" scraper to "Universal Movie Scraper" and I have the problem solved.
I think the API scraper changed. Somehow, somewhere in the ZDMC should fix it.
(2017-06-15, 05:03)wrxtasy Wrote: All Android Platform running custom Forks of Kodi are in the same boat, so don't feel left out.

It's one of the perils of buying a platform that does not run a standard native version on Kodi.

@wrxtasy, thanks. It was the first problem I had since I bought Zidoo X9S.
And is already fixed: I selected another movie scraper. :-)
I'm still happy with ZDMC and Zidoo X9S.
I have the X9S running very well with Kodi 17.3, which I actually prefer to ZDMC. It is good to have a choice.

It is really fast, as for PQ looks good - but hope I have some time at the weekend, to actually watch something and compare with the Pi.

Up to now it looks like a winner.

The problems I had before, with video not playing etc, were because the X9S was obviously not new and someone must have played around with it. After flashing the Firmware, all was ok.
(2017-06-15, 13:33)3dgeek Wrote: I have the X9S running very well with Kodi 17.3, which I actually prefer to ZDMC. It is good to have a choice.

It is really fast, as for PQ looks good - but hope I have some time at the weekend, to actually watch something and compare with the Pi.

The problems I had before, with video not playing etc, were because the X9S was obviously not new and someone must have played around with it. After flashing the Firmware, all was ok.

I'd be very interested to hear your comparison with the pi, especially concerning its native player 3d performance. I love my pi3 and everything just works but do feel that the pop out is a little blurred. I've tried windows build but have judder on a few movies that I can't work out, so considering the zidoo as a second player
(2017-06-15, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 13:33)3dgeek Wrote: I have the X9S running very well with Kodi 17.3, which I actually prefer to ZDMC. It is good to have a choice.

I'd be very interested to hear your comparison with the pi, especially concerning its native player 3d performance. I love my pi3 and everything just works but do feel that the pop out is a little blurred. I've tried windows build but have judder on a few movies that I can't work out, so considering the zidoo as a second player

I have both and the zidoo has excellent 3D performance... i find it better than the pi3. One caveat is if you have an older receiver and require multi-channel PCM then the zidoo is not your choice... it can only do 2.0 PCM.
(2017-06-15, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote: I'd be very interested to hear your comparison with the pi, especially concerning its native player 3d performance.

Ok, so here it is: The 3D on X9S is definitely better than on the Pi3. There is more depth (really noticeable) and Pop Outs come at you with a vengence and are completely sharp.

I would not have thought that it would make such a difference, but it does. It is crisper, sharper - no idea what to call it, but it is worth it IMHO.
(2017-06-16, 03:16)jarvismeier Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote:

I have both and the zidoo has excellent 3D performance... i find it better than the pi3. One caveat is if you have an older receiver and require multi-channel PCM then the zidoo is not your choice... it can only do 2.0 PCM.

Hi there. I only have an old Dolby 5.1 decoder with optical input so presume I'll be ok? I've converted all my rips to Dolby 5.1
(2017-06-16, 11:49)3dgeek Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote: I'd be very interested to hear your comparison with the pi, especially concerning its native player 3d performance.

Ok, so here it is: The 3D on X9S is definitely better than on the Pi3. There is more depth (really noticeable) and Pop Outs come at you with a vengence and are completely sharp.

I would not have thought that it would make such a difference, but it does. It is crisper, sharper - no idea what to call it, but it is worth it IMHO.

Looks like I'm spending some cash then :-)
Have sent you a pm when you get the chance, rather than cluttering up the thread...
I have firmware 1.4.4, but still the tags in front and end of subtiltes. Like this:
<i>My name is...</i>. Very annoying. Is the this problem not resolved?
(2017-06-16, 12:23)drdwridav Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote: I'd be very interested to hear your comparison with the pi, especially concerning its native player 3d performance. I love my pi3 and everything just works but do feel that the pop out is a little blurred. I've tried windows build but have judder on a few movies that I can't work out, so considering the zidoo as a second player

Hi there. I only have an old Dolby 5.1 decoder with optical input so presume I'll be ok? I've converted all my rips to Dolby 5.1

It has no problem with passing through regular Dolby and DTS 5.1. There are some people who have older HDMI receivers that don't support DTSHD and TrueHD but still want HD audio via PCM conversion... the people in this group will need to find another player.
(2017-06-16, 12:23)drdwridav Wrote:
(2017-06-15, 19:01)drdwridav Wrote: I'd be very interested to hear your comparison with the pi, especially concerning its native player 3d performance. I love my pi3 and everything just works but do feel that the pop out is a little blurred. I've tried windows build but have judder on a few movies that I can't work out, so considering the zidoo as a second player

It has no problem with passing through regular Dolby and DTS 5.1. There are some people who have older HDMI receivers that don't support DTSHD and TrueHD but still want HD audio via PCM conversion... the people in this group will need to find another player.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8