• 132(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
+1 looking very good.
This ZIDOO looks still very promising hw with they RTD1295, but what they will do compare to Dune with some chip (rev. B) and Android 7.1?
Didn't know there was a rev. B RTD1295 SoC. Have a link to Dune and any discussion of improvements?
not yet just this info:

– Hi-End video quality (based on best-in-class Realtek RTD1295 SoC)
– 4Kp60 HDR 10-bit BT.2020 video decoding and output
– HD audio support (including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X)
– BD3D support, 23.976Hz support, autoframerate, autoresolution
– USB 3.0, SATA HDD port, HDMI input
– Wi-Fi ac 2.4+5 GHz, 2T2R, Bluetooth 4.2
Newest RTD1295 chip revision B
– Famous Hi-End Linux-based Dune HD software
Android 7.1, OpenWRT
Widevine Level 1, Netflix 4K
– Advanced HDR processing engine, SDR to HDR conversion
– Professional-grade controls for video output parameters

and this compare
Dune HD Pro4K.pdf
(2018-03-31, 01:36)riddle Wrote: not yet just this info:

– Hi-End video quality (based on best-in-class Realtek RTD1295 SoC)
– 4Kp60 HDR 10-bit BT.2020 video decoding and output
– HD audio support (including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X)
– BD3D support, 23.976Hz support, autoframerate, autoresolution
– USB 3.0, SATA HDD port, HDMI input
– Wi-Fi ac 2.4+5 GHz, 2T2R, Bluetooth 4.2
Newest RTD1295 chip revision B
– Famous Hi-End Linux-based Dune HD software
Android 7.1, OpenWRT
Widevine Level 1, Netflix 4K
– Advanced HDR processing engine, SDR to HDR conversion
– Professional-grade controls for video output parameters

and this compare
Dune HD Pro4K.pdf
 really ?!? Netflix 4K with android OS 7.1  Rolleyes

and " USB Type-C port" .... why   Huh 
Quote:OS: Android 7.1 + Linux-based Dune HD software + OpenWRT

... so it's android player or linux player  Huh
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
yes this is wierd... but i think they will come with Android 7.1 and yes at this verzion Netlix will works...
so out of curiosity, can we install kodi on the dune like the zidoo?
Thats i dont know, but ZIDOO have his own internal rebranding verzion of KODI, ZDMC but i still love thas Home Theater 2.0
Based on the latest firmware update how does this compare to the minix u9 with libreelec.

I really like the 3d option cause I plan on having a 3d pj and have a 3d tv now with alot of mvc content but no way to play it but I want to use it main my as a good solid 4K HDR bit streaming device...no need for Amazon netflix as I am getting an ATV 4K for all that stuff...

Thoughts?
None of the AMLogic S8xx / S9xx boxes do 1080p (mvc) Frame Packed 3D video playback, no matter which Operating System they use.

Got it but if I were to convert the content to 3d mvc mkv then or 3s iso then leaving that aspect aside how do the two devices compare for 4K content and HDR?

Leaning towards u9 so far.
It's pretty simple, need 1080p 3D support + 4K HDR with HD Audio = Zidoo X9S. Just be aware Kodi is only used as a Graphic front end for external Media player software.
Plus you are dealing with Android and the fun that OS has with sometimes tricky Firmware upgrades.

Need a fast, bug busted optimised Kodi Krypton that will play virtually anything (excluding 1080p 3D) you throw at it inc Interlaced content and older stuff like VC-1 and is very good for OTA TV / Kodi PVR usage then buy a U9 and run LibreELEC on it.

And as a general rule Wireless remotes are superior to an Infra Red only ones. They are faster and makes Kodi more responsive and there are no missed button pressings.
Mini Keyboards come in real handy after long term Kodi usage because you can use Kodi Keyboard Shortcuts to quickly access features after you learn a few basic keystrokes.

I agree w/@wrxtasy, except for the bit about U9 or any S912 being "fast". I've tried several boxes w/LE off mSD, data on internal, and LE itself on internal, but snappiness isn't as good as Zidoo's, and nowhere near nVidia Shield.

I keep coming back to Shield w/Kodi 18 nightly as my main player, and Zidoo as my secondary player & for 3D use.
@hdmkv - has the Shield fixed :

- incorrect color depth outputs with the Shield incorrectly switching from 10bit to 8bit bit outputs after Kodi autoswitches from a 60Hz to a 24p refresh rate ?
(this is important to remove color banding)
- auto colorspace switching rec.709 to bt.2020 for mixed SDR and HDR10 with correct color outputs ?
- auto resolution switching 4K <<-->> 1080p with Kodi Leia to work around the Shield's below average 1080p > 4K picture upscaling.

Speed may be one thing but you need to get the "basics" right for demanding 1080p SDR and 4K HDR usage first. Wink
Have you used a GPU Overclocked U9 ?
Not all AMLogic hardware is created equal, especially when it comes to RAM / eMMC quality and speed.

Fair points. Question though... would U9 be any faster than 'generic' S912 Android boxes (like Tanix, MeCool, etc. w/2GB or 3GB RAM) running LE off a mSD card? Also, can U9 do proper 709<>2020 & 1080p<>4K switching via Android? If so, I may just try U9 out.

@movie78, how are you finding your new U9?
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8