• 146(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
I'm guessing you're recommending u9-h is due to the frame skipping on the x9s?

Or there's more underlying issues with the x9s that makes u9-h with LibreELEC more stable?

Thanks in advance for the help though. With the 11.11 sale going on, decided to get my hands on one!
Was replying while you were (see a page back). Yes, X9S has frame skipping issues w/1080p and 4K 23.976 content, but not 3D MVC. The frame skipping is minor (4-6 times in a 2-hour movie), but if/when you start noticing, you can't un-notice.
woah big thank you for the steps on doing up the LibreELEC!

high chance i will notice the skipping. probably would get the MINIX U9-H and follow the steps. doesnt seem to hard come to think of it. 

Thank you very much @hdmkv !
(2018-11-11, 17:50)hdmkv Wrote: 6. With a pin in the U9-H reset hole (hold it in), plug in power. Let go of pin once you see LibreELEC logo on the TV

Even easier...
Step # 2 (click) - MINIX U1 / U9 ...

thank you for the link too, @wrxtasy ! seems rather detailed too. wont know how all the steps are gonna turn out yet as im still waiting for my U9-H to be delivered.

kinda excited. thank you for the guidance! will surely return when the U9-H is in my hands (hopefully, not back with issues, but a successful dual boot instead!)

Cheers!
I don't have MINIX U9-H and I can't really comment on this device after LibreELEC flush.

I do have Zidoo X9S and I can defend this device a bit.
It has few good features and some of them are probably matched by LibreELEC system.

- Ability to run as NAS server with multiple drives even SATA connector for desktop drive. I have 8TB on USB 3.0 port. No issues with the drive, sleep mode works fine, good transfer rates reaching 70Mbps over Gigabit LAN.
- It could work as tor client with vpn right on the device
- Has build in BD menu player
- Plays 3D MVC, 4K HDR and Blu-Rays from file structure and ISO. BD Menu supports automatic forced subtitles and other special features and extra tracks
- Home Theater poster and art app. This is simplified graphical data base of your collection. BD menu can be lunched directly from the poster wall.
- It has own version of Kodi based on 17.6 with build in external player lunching Zidoo hardware player. It accepts skins and it can be customized to you liking. Kodi native player is skipping frames and has lower quality video output compared to Zidoo player.

There are probably some other benefits from Zidoo like ready to use out of the box device etc. Smile

The bad:
- Micro stutter doubled frame started afer firmware 1.5 based on forum info.
- Strong stutter lasting about a second and repeating every 4.5 min started after firmware 2.0.15. This second issue applies only to movies with higher compression ratio mainly Web-Dl that show problems with frame rate in TSMuxer.
Any Black Friday deals for Zidoo X9S? I'm tired of my Asrock Beebox-S with playing 3D ISO (Kodi MVC-build stops randomly playing movie).
Discussion at AVSForum as to which Realtek/HiSilicon performs best w/o microstutters.
Is  there wrapper or playercorefactory.xml file that allows you play with ZDMC player instead of Kodi default player?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
just a shoutout to @hdmkv , i followed your steps and i got my U9-H up and running! will be testing out 4K HDR movies soon!
Exclamation 
Exiting from the settings menu it returns me to a black screen/ About the only thing that becomes visible is the three 'power' options screen. I have a wireless mouse and that pointer shows also.
If I choose standby, it does and I can 'wake' it up, but the screen is still black.

If I power down, then power back up the boot process gets stuck at the smaller of the two zidoo logos. Mind you it's not frozen or locked (pre say), I see see animation in that logo. The display shows 'hello'.

This has happened three times with different firmware's.  The only way I can recover is to boot flash the F/W again. Then everything is back, but from scratch. Things are fine for a while, but it's when I'm in the settings screens and navigate around for awhile hitting the return to exit the problem happens with no indication that it will that I could see.

Since the 'video' is there, it's not a HDMI issue (as far as I can see). Any ideas here? Huh
Hi again! Trying out the player. Seems a bit lag for video (maybe due to not using a premium 2.0 hdmi from my avr to TV?) but the audio only shows multi IN on my Denon x2400h receiver.

Any idea why it's not working despite putting passthru in the settings?
(2018-12-01, 05:52)razgriz2005 Wrote: Hi again! Trying out the player. Seems a bit lag for video (maybe due to not using a premium 2.0 hdmi from my avr to TV?) but the audio only shows multi IN on my Denon x2400h receiver.

Any idea why it's not working despite putting passthru in the settings?

Okay I had The Matrix Revolutions 4K HDR Atmos and it played flawlessly. Must have been encoded properly as compared to my other smaller sized 4K movie files.
i have a zidoo x8, i move kodi data to the sd card that is in the back of the x8, created the xbmc_env.properties but kodi wont find the data when i tried to open it.

is it doable or am i loosing my times ?

thanks
You can use the Backup program add-on (in the official Kodi repository), and restore. As long as the Kodi/ZDMC versions match, should work well. Alternatively, use Xplore or similar to copy the entire .kodi folder from \Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files and move it back where you need.

There's a new firmware v.2.1.19 available for X9S. Release notes don't indicate the microstutters issue affecting 23.976 2D 1080p & 4K is fixed. It was looking increasingly like this may never be fixed (as the issue is NOT plaguing the newer RTD1296-based Z9S), but the latest Zappiti f/w apparently does perfect 23.976. Surprisingly, with Zidoo X-series, 3D MVC MKVs & 3D ISOs are immune and play perfectly. I'll be lowering the overall grade for X8/X9S/X10 to B+ (until they hopefully fix the issue). The microstutters issue isn't bad (about 4 instances approx. in a 2 hour movie), and most people may never notice, but it's there & once you notice, there's no un-noticing after that.
  • 146(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8