• 23(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
I am becoming very interested in this box.

I need to clarify some points:

1. Does the Realtek SOC use standard Android APIs? Will or be Krypton compatible?
2. Do you need ZDMC to invoke the external player? Or can this be done via Kodi or SPMC?

Sent from my A0001
(2016-10-22, 22:51)piotrasd Wrote: anyone tested LiveTV ? how works ? and Deinterlace quality ?

SD Green app works very well with both 1080i and 720p mpeg2 without DRM.

Zoom DOES NOT WORK in ZDMC. It only stretches the picture.
(2016-10-22, 22:43)movie78 Wrote: Is it worth $150Huh
Yes, I think so. Or, get the X8 for around $105.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater

Nope. The X8 at $100ish is more reasonable but still pushing it...

(2016-10-22, 22:51)piotrasd Wrote: anyone tested LiveTV ? how works ? and Deinterlace quality ?

I didn't notice any issues with the HDHomeRun app, it was better than the Mi Box.

(2016-10-22, 22:04)hdmkv Wrote: Re: Deep Color, it's working well for me set to 'Auto'. It isn't 100%, but as @wesk05 noted, "Leaving deep color and colorspace to "Auto" mostly works".

Deep color for me just doesn't work. Auto would cause constant changes in the display like it was changing resolutions. The same would happen with 12 and 10 bit. Nothing I played would come over any more than 8-bit, even all my test files. Same files would play perfectly fine from the Shield at 10 bit.

As for the remote I just tested (UPS won't be here till Monday) and apparently FF/RW aren't working. Maybe it was the 1.2.4 update.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
And as for audio pops that only happens in the GUI, not while playing a video.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
(2016-10-22, 20:46)looun Wrote: resume playback not work more with 1.2.4? and there are other issues.. 1.2.3 worked better

Can enable 'Advanced-bookmark' in native player.
Default is disable
(2016-10-23, 03:44)timstephens24 Wrote: Deep color for me just doesn't work. Auto would cause constant changes in the display like it was changing resolutions. The same would happen with 12 and 10 bit. Nothing I played would come over any more than 8-bit, even all my test files. Same files would play perfectly fine from the Shield at 10 bit.
I haven't had any issue with deep color mode (except as noted in my previous post), 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 doesn't work at 4K 60Hz and it has to be manually selected for other resolutions/modes.

I am experiencing frequent video & audio dropouts when playing videos with DTS-HD Master Audio/DTS:X audio. Haven't experienced audio pops.
(2016-10-22, 19:26)hjbaard Wrote: @hdmkv Hi, I received my Zidoo X9S today and red your first post. You wrote about the Harmony support. I tried it myself but I see that the forward, backward, pause and play are not assigned. How did you program them to make those work?
I have a Harmony Ultimate by the way :-)
Hi @hjbaard, I'm also using Harmony Ultimate. Play/pause are included in the 'X9' commands in Harmony database. For FF/REW, MCE remote (Ortek) didn't work for me (as @timstephens24 reported it did for him), and neither did FLIRC Sad.

Thanks @hdmkv strange thing is that play/pause is not available in X9 in my list. But I will just use the ok button instead Smile

Then another question /favor:
On my x9s ZDMC isn't installed/available
Probably the reseller removed it for some reason.
Do you know where I can download the apk? Or can you, or someone else attach it to this thread? Smile
Thanks!
UPDATE: never mind. I found it in /System/preinstalled/
(2016-10-23, 03:01)hdmkv Wrote:
Yes, I think so. Or, get the X8 for around $105.

I agree, it runs very smoothly and 3D is very beautiful. Mush better then my previous Minix Neo U1
@mirror88
Hi, I think I found bugs in the native player_
- I was running an 3d iso which includes subtitles.
My tv switches to 3D which is good but the subtitles were shown sid-by-side 2 times. So they are not rendered in 3D. I then tried to download a local subtitle and, although it was in English, it was showing fine.

- Also I sometimes see 2 subtitles at the same time. 1 English and 1 Dutch! When I turn off subtitles and then choose dutch. I just see the dutch version. So then it works OK.

- The last thing I see is that in a black screen appears for a second every couple of minutes! Very annoying!
I installed 1.2.4 and use HDMI. It happens in Zdmc with the native player as well as the Kodi player.
UPDATE: It had something to do with the deep color setting (I turned it to "auto"). When I turn it off the problem is gone.

Hopefully you can do something with this information Smile
(2016-10-23, 10:32)hjbaard Wrote: I was running an 3d iso which includes subtitles.
My tv switches to 3D which is good but the subtitles were shown sid-by-side 2 times. So they are not rendered in 3D. I then tried to download a local subtitle and, although it was in English, it was showing fine
It's a side-by-side 3D video?there are two options for side-by-side video.'LR-3D-LR-SUB' and 'LR-3D-CENTER-SUB'.You can try switch 'LR-3D-LR-SUB' option.
When buffer size used for viewing internal player online video? After pause more than 10 seconds video is interrupted and you need to run it again. Dont work resume playback. Online service fs.to
But if run from ZDMC and plugin fs.ua, all work correctly.
This is can fixed?
(2016-10-23, 13:54)spawn_lmg Wrote: When buffer size used for viewing internal player online video? After pause more than 10 seconds video is interrupted and you need to run it again. Dont work resume playback. Online service fs.to
This is can fixed?

The native player not designed for streaming media, Maybe you need to implement of third party applications.
(2016-10-23, 14:25)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 13:54)spawn_lmg Wrote: When buffer size used for viewing internal player online video? After pause more than 10 seconds video is interrupted and you need to run it again. Dont work resume playback. Online service fs.to
This is can fixed?

The native player not designed for streaming media, Maybe you need to implement of third party applications.
YES, This is MX Player but no auto frame rate! And MX player in H/W mode also video interrupted after pause. Small bufer in H/W mode! In ZDMC all work correctly.
Auto Frame switch for all players (internal/external) which working in HW mode.
This functionality is in the Tronsmart.
Is that possible?
Can anyone confirm that this can playback 4K 10bit @ 24hz.
The shield converts 4K 10 bit to 60hz.
If this can indeed play 4K 10bit 24 hz as well as 3D MVC I think I will have one and throw the shield out of the window.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8