Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-09-26, 08:18)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 08:05)nickr Wrote: @mirror88 Zidoo has already distributed the object code, you are obliged to make the source available at the same time, not tomorrow.

If you want to continue to have Zidoo referred to on this forum, produce the source. This is non-negotiable and you have already agreed to it in utilising the source, changing it, and distributing the object code.

That's not actually true. Many projects prefer to do it this way, but the GPL only says that you have to provide source upon request. That request can be fulfilled in many ways, including using printing it out and sending it via paper-mail. While the GPL does not actually define time limits for providing sources, making source available within a day or so is generally considered acceptable.
The GPL requires the source in "a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange"

(2016-09-26, 08:47)Koying Wrote: Indeed. IIRC, you even must be a user/customer to be in a position to request it, so requesting on the spot is a bit harsh...
I guess it's basically a rebranded RKMC, anyway...

PS That doesn't mean I'd have an objection to this kind of threads to be closed as out of topic, though, as those Rockchip devices will probably never see an official Kodi installed Wink
No the source must be provided on request to "any third party".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by nickr - 2016-09-26, 21:21
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8