• 15(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Model:ZIDOO_X9S
VERSION:V1.2.4
CHANGELOG:

Fixed:
1,System
(1)Occasionally failure on the Auto OSD language setting (A CEC function).
(2)Occasionally invalidation on the Auto Power On From TV setting(A CEC function).
(3)Abnormally sound recorded from HDMI IN.
(4)Blurred or unstabble screen of a small number of the HDR videos.
(5)Some MVC MKV videos not that smooth.
(6)Black screen occur to some MPEG4 encode videos.

2,OPENWRT
(1)The BT function issue fixed.

3,VideoPlayer
(1)Subtitle be trimmed when it be moved to the bottom of screen.
(2)Sometimes the 3D MVC videos displayed as 24Hz but not 23.976Hz in a certain condition.
(3)Some spelling mistakes of UI revised.
(4)DVD ISO can't be controlled by remote for the focus lost(support DVD Menu).
(5)Issue of set primary eye on watch 3D video(Change eyesview to Right eye first).
(6)Some MVC MKV have not be identified rightly as MVC format.
(7)Videoplayer failed to exit when a error occurred in the meantime play mode set as single cycle.

Enhancements:
1,System
(1)A Color Mode Space setting added.(RGB 444,YUV444,YUV422,YUV420)
(2)Set CEC language function Off as a default setting
(3)Compatibility of playback improved.
(4)IOS 10 supported in airplay and air mirror.

2,OPENWRT
(1)Stability of OPENWRT system improved.

3,VideoPlayer
(1)3D to 2D function added.
(2)The default value of character encoding of external subtitle's will be saved after power off.
(3)The speed of loading of video improved significantly.
(4)25fps and 50fps added in the switch of frame rates.
(5)The bookmark closed as default.
(6)The bookmark popup cancelled.

BTW:About the basic picture control function still have some problem.Will be release it in v1.2.5
Known issues:Because of the efficiency of Mediainfo problem, caused to judge some MVC MKV files little bit slower.will try to solve it in v1.2.5

Full_OTA_Package:
Mediafire mirror
Amazon mirror

MD5 :f2223f190978afb385b6ebf9dc43cc8f
How to upgrade
Looks very promising, thanks. Will test and report back by tomorrow.
Tested; see few posts down...
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@mirror88, is there in zidoo x9s support for internal or external (usb) dvb tuners (dvb-s2 / t / c ) ?
Regards
Hey mirror88, any chance for install-opkg to work natively? Aria2 downloader and OpenVPN are some packages that I would also like to see working here.

Better yet, the guys at ofmodemsandmen have a really good script for OpenWRT routers. It unlocks the maximum allowable bandwidth, enables a wide selection of 3G/4G modems, as well as includes SMS function and other enthusiast features.
(2016-10-10, 12:35)mirror88 Wrote: Model:ZIDOO_X9S
VERSION:V1.2.4
CHANGELOG:

Fixed:
1,System
(1)Occasionally failure on the Auto OSD language setting (A CEC function).
(2)Occasionally invalidation on the Auto Power On From TV setting(A CEC function).
(3)Abnormally sound recorded from HDMI IN.
(4)Blurred or unstabble screen of a small number of the HDR videos.
(5)Some MVC MKV videos not that smooth.
(6)Black screen occur to some MPEG4 encode videos.

2,OPENWRT
(1)The BT function issue fixed.

3,VideoPlayer
(1)Subtitle be trimmed when it be moved to the bottom of screen.
(2)Sometimes the 3D MVC videos displayed as 24Hz but not 23.976Hz in a certain condition.
(3)Some spelling mistakes of UI revised.
(4)DVD ISO can't be controlled by remote for the focus lost(support DVD Menu).
(5)Issue of set primary eye on watch 3D video(Change eyesview to Right eye first).
(6)Some MVC MKV have not be identified rightly as MVC format.
(7)Videoplayer failed to exit when a error occurred in the meantime play mode set as single cycle.

Enhancements:
1,System
(1)A Color Mode Space setting added.(RGB 444,YUV444,YUV422,YUV420)
(2)Set CEC language function Off as a default setting
(3)Compatibility of playback improved.
(4)IOS 10 supported in airplay and air mirror.

2,OPENWRT
(1)Stability of OPENWRT system improved.

3,VideoPlayer
(1)3D to 2D function added.
(2)The default value of character encoding of external subtitle's will be saved after power off.
(3)The speed of loading of video improved significantly.
(4)25fps and 50fps added in the switch of frame rates.
(5)The bookmark closed as default.
(6)The bookmark popup cancelled.

BTW:About the basic picture control function still have some problem.Will be release it in v1.2.5
Known issues:Because of the efficiency of Mediainfo problem, caused to judge some MVC MKV files little bit slower.will try to solve it in v1.2.5

Full_OTA_Package:
Mediafire mirror
Amazon mirror

MD5 :f2223f190978afb385b6ebf9dc43cc8f
How to upgrade

Well, I've already upgraded to the new version, and unfortunately, my problem with IPTV with Kodi and Perfect Player program remains the same ... as I put a channel FullHD 1080, it is not possible to see the image without any cut. I have tried different configurations and is not possible. Only with the application IPTV for Android I can see the channels FullHD smoothly.

I hope you have in mind for future upgrades, because so far, I is disappointing this TV Box.

Thank you

regards
Review in post #1 updated. Here's what I checked...

Quote:VERSION:V1.2.4
CHANGELOG (partial):

Fixed:
Some MVC MKV videos not that smooth No, stutters are still present, but a little improved

VideoPlayer:
(2)Sometimes the 3D MVC videos displayed as 24Hz but not 23.976Hz in a certain condition Yes, seems the case
(3)Some spelling mistakes of UI revised Not this bit at least
(4)DVD ISO can't be controlled by remote for the focus lost (support DVD Menu) Yes, fixed
(5)Issue of set primary eye on watch 3D video(Change eyesview to Right eye first) Yes, fixed; yay!
(6)Some MVC MKV have not be identified rightly as MVC format Yes, fixed for the most part. For a couple, may need to remux using MKVMerge or re-rip using latest MakeMKV

Enhancements:
A Color Mode Space setting added (RGB444,YUV444,YUV422,YUV420) Yes, added
3D to 2D function added Yes, added and works
The speed of loading of video improved significantly Yes, but slightly faster. Much faster than HiMedia's wrapper
25fps and 50fps added in the switch of frame rates Yes, added and works
The bookmark closed as default Confirmed
The bookmark popup cancelled Confirmed

BTW: About the basic picture control function still have some problem.Will be release it in v1.2.5 This will be useful to have for proper picture calibration
Known issues: Because of the efficiency of Mediainfo problem, caused to judge some MVC MKV files little bit slower. Will try to solve it in v1.2.5 The stuttery MVC MKV playback is X9S' biggest issue, but if you use 3D ISO's, playback is excellent already

I also tested skipping to middle or so of a couple of 3D ISO's to see if playback would stutter from that point onward, but this didn't happen as it has occasionally before. I'm not convinced this issue has been fixed, so needs further testing.

watch gallery

Insofar as 3D ISO's are concerned, I think Zidoo X9S and HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro are now tied. But, Intel MVC remains #1 Smile!
My Family Room Theater
What in the world is YCrCb?? Angry
I know (and you know, it should be YCbCr). The typos and odd phrases are bothersome.
My Family Room Theater
Why not present in section "HDMI mode" 2160p50Huh Any SD video with 50Hz framerate not be upscale to 2160p50?
I posted this problem at the forum Zidoo

And have problem play sd video DivX5 codec!!!! in Zidoo player. ZDMC played this file normal. This problem posted too at the forum Zidoo
Now the question is, ¿Himedia Q5 PRO or Zidoo X9S?

By what I read now will be the same, right?
www.lumatens.com

A tensioned projection screen!
@mirroror88 is there a way to make subtitle off by default instead of being on every time you start a movie. Very annoying for english viewers have turn off all the time.
(2016-10-11, 11:17)setumismo Wrote: Now the question is, ¿Himedia Q5 PRO or Zidoo X9S?

By what I read now will be the same, right?
They're very close...
  • Both are for 3D ISO's. While X9S plays MVC MKV's, it doesn't do it well yet Fixed! (but see next point)
    > 3D MVC MKV's are flat and almost 2D-ish w/Zidoo, and they're completely rewriting this functionality (may take a while)
  • X9S supports 23.976 w/3D ISO's, while Q5/Q10 Pro still render at 24.000 (minor microstutters)
  • External player implementation is better on X9S, and faster
  • 4K VP9 playback is better on Q5/Q10 Pro (minor judder in X9S)
  • If you have a front projection set-up (or zero overscan display), Q5/Q10 Pro has annoying left edge line issue
  • PQ is excellent on both, but X9S doesn't do any digital processing (while Q5/Q10 Pro still do a tiny bit, even w/processing disabled)
  • Support, f/w development activity is far better with Zidoo so far
  • Reliability, stability of HiMedia is better, but Q5/Q10 have been out a while already (more than 6 months)
For now, and it could change whenever HiMedia release its next f/w, I'd give Zidoo a slight edge over HiMedia.
My Family Room Theater
In v1.2.5 will be support Auto-switching to 3D mode for 3D HSBS if the file name include "3D" and "sbs." or"sidebyside."
And will be try to support Auto flip-eyes of right-eye first 3D titles
@hdmkv,

Thanks for your reply on the new FW of the zidoo x9s.

The next FW with android Nougat will be do or die for Himedia. If the iso3D bug is always there or if new bugs appear, I think it will be done for Himedia.

it's just my opinion

OlivierQC
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-10-11, 15:23)OlivierQC Wrote: @hdmkv,

Thanks for your reply on the new FW of the zidoo x9s.

The next FW with android Nougat will be do or die for Himedia. If the iso3D bug is always there or if new bugs appear, I think it will be done for Himedia.

it's just my opinion

OlivierQC

Theres always new bugs with new Android versions.
For example the Shield and the Nexus player are taking 3 to 4 months to upgrade to a new Android version since their official release.

The only player Android I've remember to have upgrade from Lollipop to marshmallow was the Shield, the AFTV and the Nexus Player, its time consuming, its not profitable to the manufacturer, and most of does cheap android boxes are waiting for their chipset update to move on.

Unless something is change in 24hz mode in Nougat, im not seeing this bugs being solved.

Release Date
KitKat - 31 October 2013
Lollipop - 12 November 2014
Marshmallow - 5 October 2015
Nougat - 22 August 2016

Launch Date
Himedia Q5 PRO Lollipop- May 2016
Himedia Q10PRO Lollipop - April 2016
Himedia Q10/Q5 Nougat - OctoberHuh

Nvidia Shield Lollipop - 28 May 2015
Nvidia Shield Marshmallow - 22 Fev 2016
Nvidia Shield Nougat - December Huh

Lets wait and see if Himedia can update to Nougat in just 2 months since their official release.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8