• 16(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-10-12, 00:19)couto27 Wrote: Lets wait and see if Himedia can update to Nougat in just 2 months since their official release.
Hopefully they do serious regression testing. I'm wondering what beneficial features Android 'N' is really going to add to non-'Android TV' (still tablet-forked) boxes like Q5/Q10 Pro?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
All the Features missing from Marmsmallow like the Adoptable storage, or with N with native file explorer, built-in-split screen Multitasking, cast screen, Adjust icon/screen size, Android TV Recording etc.

Some of the new N features of Android TV can be seen here

VLC has being updated to Nougat with network shared files

Quote:Users can now also access, browse and play content from local networks. This means that network shared files via DLNA, UPnP, SFTP, FTP and NFS can be now played in VLC. The app can find subtitles for files, and even lets users decide the layout in which they want the subtitles to be displayed.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Tips:You can press the number key on remote Jump to specific time in native playerSmile
(2016-10-12, 12:33)mirror88 Wrote: Tips:You can press the number key on remote Jump to specific time in native playerSmile

very cool !

(2016-10-12, 01:40)couto27 Wrote: Some of the new N features of Android TV can be seen here

Android 7 should will enhance the meidacodec interface for better thirdparty development, but new Android versions = new bugs .
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-10-11, 14:58)mirror88 Wrote: In v1.2.5 will be support Auto-switching to 3D mode for 3D HSBS if the file name include "3D" and "sbs." or"sidebyside."
And will be try to support Auto flip-eyes of right-eye first 3D titles

@mirror88 hopefully will also work for OU (over/under) and TAB (top and bottom) naming ?

Could you give some correct naming examples that your intending to look for?

thanks
(2016-10-13, 11:54)JustAnotherUser Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 14:58)mirror88 Wrote: In v1.2.5 will be support Auto-switching to 3D mode for 3D HSBS if the file name include "3D" and "sbs." or"sidebyside."
And will be try to support Auto flip-eyes of right-eye first 3D titles

@mirror88 hopefully will also work for OU (over/under) and TAB (top and bottom) naming ?

Could you give some correct naming examples that your intending to look for?

thanks

OK.Maybe you could give me some advice Smile Thank you very much
Smile
@mirror88: Your team is doing an impressive job. Don't forget to check again string typos (YCrCb -> YCbCr is the correct one). If DVD menus are finally fully implemented and decent BD-lite menus are added, I'm sold... I hope that Zidoo won't give up this model when a new one is released.
(2016-10-13, 13:22)boblo Wrote: @mirror88: Your team is doing an impressive job. Don't forget to check again string typos (YCrCb -> YCbCr is the correct one). If DVD menus are finally fully implemented and decent BD-lite menus are added, I'm sold... I hope that Zidoo won't give up this model when a new one is released.

Will check,Thanks
good morning mirror88,

I am impressed by the work being done by Zidoo, when it will be available in Canada, i will buy.

have nice day
OlivierQC
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-10-13, 13:22)boblo Wrote: @mirror88: Your team is doing an impressive job. Don't forget to check again string typos (YCrCb -> YCbCr is the correct one). If DVD menus are finally fully implemented and decent BD-lite menus are added, I'm sold... I hope that Zidoo won't give up this model when a new one is released.
I'll echo that, nice job indeed, and love the quick turnarounds. Re: DVD menus, already working fully w/ZDMC (via internal player, which DVD ISO's and VIDEO_TS default to).

I'll be buying an X8 for my secondary room. I assume same f/w as X9S @mirror88 (or parallel development at least)?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-10-13, 13:42)OlivierQC Wrote: good morning mirror88,

I am impressed by the work being done by Zidoo, when it will be available in Canada, i will buy.

have nice day
OlivierQC

Thanks,my time is PM 8:00 Sad
(2016-10-13, 13:46)hdmkv Wrote:
I'll echo that, nice job indeed, and love the quick turnarounds. Re: DVD menus, already working fully w/ZDMC (via internal player, which DVD ISO's and VIDEO_TS default to).

I'll be buying an X8 for my secondary room. I assume same f/w as X9S @mirror88 (or parallel development at least)?

Yes,X8's functions(firmware) same as X9S
So been playing around with this, and like it real well so far, but since all my 3D movies I've made into MVC MKVs, I can't watch any of them without some issues. Hopefully they can fix the MKV 3D issues soon.

Here's some great things about this:

1. External player doesn't have issues automatically playing my subtitles. I only have the non-English subtitles in my rips, and I have them all set as default and forced, and no issues so far with the external player.
2. Rooted quickly for those that care about that (I don't really but wanted to test it), and could run Kodi 17 beta 3 well with the external player. Hopefully when 17 comes out Zidoo updates the ZDMC to 17.
3. No issues with the picture quality.
4. Boots up quickly.
5. Just "feels" like a solid piece of equipment.
6. Anything non-3D plays extremely well without any problems, including lossless and object-oriented audio tracks.

There are some issues/feedback though:

1. Sound randomly gets loud/distorted on clicks when you're navigating around.
2. The screensaver (Dreamcatcher) never came on before I switched to the XBMC Launcher.
3. The remote has something shaking around inside it. It's also pretty crappy. Luckily I don't mind too much since I just use my Harmony and have everything mapped pretty well.
4. The interface is horrible. It's Android, yes, but it's the tablet version, so all the apps are crap. Should use the Android TV builds.
5. Having the Deep Color set to anything but off makes the media player constantly flicker, like it's triggering my TV to switch resolutions/frame rate.
6. It says "The movie is 3D" when I play a 3D movie, but my TV automatically switches to 3D and tells me the same thing, so that can go away.
7. Microstutters on 3D MVC MKVs.
8. Audio drop/skips/lip sync errors on 3D MVC MKVs.
9. Wifi hotspot options are all grey'd out.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
@mirror88 very very good support, less a month Big Grin

(2016-09-16, 12:58)looun Wrote: i been do some test and there is some trouble with Black Level and White Level , there is not a setting menu to change default setting of Contrast and Brightness :-(.

So with my TV ( THX video profile selected ) have some problem with White Level :

i have to tried to change Contrast and Brightness to my TV but with bad result. Confused
With other player ( with menu setting ) can be do a Display Calibration perfect playback:

(2016-10-13, 12:45)mirror88 Wrote: Smile
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8