Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-03, 05:06)wesk05 Wrote: Here are the numbers for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio:

Mediacenter - +406ms
ZDMC (External Player- enabled) - +401ms
ZDMC (External Player- disabled) - +469ms

Summary:

numbers are in milliseconds. "+" means audio is ahead of video and you have to set the same amount of delay on your AVR to correct the AV-Sync error.

@hdmkv: numbers for Shield 3.3, Kodi 17 beta (10/28)
Dolby TrueHD - +48ms
DTS-HD Master Audio - +48ms
DTS-HD High Resolution Audio - +32ms

@OlivierQC: I am testing using AV-Sync test patterns for each codec. It is not for any particular movie.

For those interested, here are the test patterns: AV-Sync Test Patterns. These are originally from Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark 2. Play the test pattern and check for the frame on which the small white square is when you hear the beep tone. It may take some time before you locate the correct frame#. For "delay" more than 4 frames, multiply 41.7 by (24-frame#), for "advance" more than 4 frames, multiply 41.7 by the frame#. The instrument that I use for testing can automatically detect the flash of light in the test pattern and the beep tone.

The offset numbers in the test patterns are opposite of what I report. The numbers in the test pattern represent the actual delay/advance that you need to set on your AVR. So, "-" is for delay and "+" is for advance. I believe when you guys say delay, it is the actual delay that you are setting on your AVR because audio is ahead of video.

Downloaded sample files,Thanks!We'll try to optimize it.
Upgrade:We already optimized all of these files < +60ms,It's a mistake from version v1.2.4
You can test it in v1.2.3 now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by mirror88 - 2016-11-03, 06:52
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8