Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
I have a MAC User question...

As you may know accessing content from a Mac Computer under the latest MacOS version (El Capitan or Sierra) usually does not work with Android Boxes. The latest native MacOs SMB sharing does not work with Android Boxes with Kodi (with both anonymous and password logon). That leaves NFS Share (which is actually quicker and has less overhead than SMB). NFS Shares setup on a Mac are seen and can be played by the built in media player. But while in the Android version of Kodi you can list the NFS Shares available, but cannot access their content (under both Kodi Jarvis or Krypton).

The solution on the Q10 Pro (credit to pcristi / Looun) was to first create Q10 Shortcuts to those NFS Shares, then run Auto_Mount_ShortCut_Toastmsg_v1.2 to permanently mount those Shortcuts and allow Kodi to access those shares from the mnt/nfs folder in the Root Filesystem. Will that same batch file work on the equivalent Favorites on the Zidoo X9S? I have also tried DLNA (UPnP), but the play performance suffers. Is there another solution for Mac users to share content from their Mac as servers?
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by ppoulos - 2016-11-04, 01:57
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8