Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
@ppoulos
I get what you are saying, I think the majority of people with boxes like these, and I include the Nvidia Shield here think because it can playback some low bitrate avc mkv with vanilla flavoured DTS at ' whatever' refresh rate the box defaults too as well as a game of Minecraft that the box is brilliant.
It is when you get people like me and you who care about refresh rates, have spent lots of money on DTS:X systems and want to playback high quality files at the best they can be that we unearth the problems and boy is there a lot.
To summarise, the masses are not the ones that Android box developers should be catering for, it is me and you who want the device to do what they say it can do.
P.s. I have found turning off the force 24hz option and setting the box to output 24hz manually in 4:4:4 (Auto) mode solves a lot of problems.
Or try switching to 4:2:2, that seems to be a good option with 24hz forced.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by DaMacFunkin - 2016-11-05, 09:39
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8