Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
A little off topic...

This Media players are all low cost solutions even the ones costing $350 like the Dune 4K, but they still are capable to deliver capable good av quality if you know what to avoid.

They can't be compared with other high cost solutions that had carefull development and testing before reaching to the consumers hands.
Some built-in examples of what a some players present in their setup:

Front Playback controls with Play, Stop, Pause, and Chapter Navigation buttons
Back-lit Remote
Dual HDMI out (with selectable independent pixel format for each HDMI )
Source Direct available
Toroidal linear power supply
High quality DACs
Low digital Jitter into Femtosecond territory for increased soundstaging, layering, imaging,bass definition/depth and overall fine high resolution.
Low Vibration & Resonance
EMI/RFI Shielding (chassis/lid, power supplies, clocks)
Grounding

Some of this things can be over too much for some users, but if you search high quality audio & video you need to invest a lot more.
For example ive Mod my XTZ speakers with a help of a friend and the Mod parts (crossover, wires, capacitors, wool, tweeter etc etc) cost more than the speakers itself, but it has worth every penny because now they play better than some speakers i could never afford.

Heres another true story:
I travel regularly by plane in Europe, and recently i was surprised that a small FM radio by sunstech RPD12 can work on a plane at 10.000m altitude and the speed 800km/h..
So if the Antenna signal reach so high imagine what the same antenna signal would do to your audio/video equipment without any EMI/RFI Shielding
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by couto27 - 2016-11-06, 13:17
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8