Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-11, 00:22)ppoulos Wrote:
(2016-11-09, 02:32)hdmkv Wrote: Hmm, I'm wondering if there's a problem w/NFS on X8/X9S... I read another user reporting issues w/NFS @ AVForums.

Well I just exchanged my Zidoo X9S for a new one from Amazon and the video stuttering is still present. I did test playback with an ExFAT formatted 64gb USB 3.0 USB stick, and not surprisingly the movies played back without the stuttering or video slow down. Interestingly I get this problem streaming both with NFS or SMB (SMB less prominent). It now seems to be a Network streaming problem rather than problem with playback iin general. Since ALL of my other Media Streaming devices have no problems streaming and playing the lossless blu-ray Movies (high bit rate) from my network, the problem is either with the Zidoo X9S hardware underperforming (surprising for a Gigabyte Ethernet connection to my MacPro), or, hopefully, with the firmware not efficiently connecting or buffering the fast incoming streamed data.

Now how long Zidoo takes to correct this other significant error is up for grabs!
the MAC use the private samba communication protocol----smb2, could you check whether to use this protocol?
there is another samba tool(smbup) for the mac, this is the link http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by mirror88 - 2016-11-11, 10:20
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8