Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-30, 00:15)hdmkv Wrote: 1. Probably because ZDMC internal isn't leveraging the Realtek h/w player, or at least its full capabilities. I'm sure @mirror88 knows
2. Don't know. Was the external sub in the same folder as movie, named exactly the same? I only use embedded subs, so not familiar
3. That's because ZDMC has no idea what the external player is doing or has done. However, external player has its own setting to enable bookmarking (so it takes you back where you left off)

1. So do they have any intentions of making the internal player as good as the external zidoo player? or atleast better then what the current one is? Also if i was to download SPMC (Kodi for Android) which should use the default in built Kodi player, will that one work as intended or will it be just as bad as the internal ZBMC one?

2. The external sub was downloaded from within the Zidoo Videoplayer. There is an option to download subtitles. I used that to download and play the subs, but they were not appearing at all! Only the embedded subs was working, but they were too huge.

3. The external player bookmarking sounds good, I'm not sure if that was even working or not, will give it another go. However, the problem is when the Zidoo player goes back to ZBMC, it instantly marks it as watched, which also triggers the Trakt.tv watched status etc... Is there anyway to prevent ZDMC from ticking the movie file as watched? It should allow you to manually set it. Automatically setting it just leads to worse problems. Surely, there must be a way to not mark movies as watched, when coming back from an external player?

(2016-11-30, 04:47)wrxtasy Wrote: External players are often used to address the extra video features of the Hardware directly without having to go through the proper Android Application Programming Interface channels and use Android's mediacodec from within Kodi.

It's basically a quick and dirty way to add custom SoC video support to Kodi and save time and money.

But these custom external players can come with compromises and break Kodi features like video resume and external subtitles.
Not sure what's up with ZDMC, but I know on the Mi Box when SPMC/Kodi is used with the external player software MX Player that will remember a Resume point. It's baked into MX Player.

There are very likely more (undiscovered) Kodi compromises to be found yet.
These are the reasons why such Kodi/external player solutions are frowned upon by the Kodi purists.

@hdmkv these important bugs/compromises must be written on Page#1 (if not already) of devices using such Kodi external player solutions. This is the stuff that is very important to Kodi end users.

Yes the Zidoo player does have built in bookmarking too, but its not the same as a resume feature which syncs across both your MySQL database and more importantly your Trakt.tv account. Its quite a huge compromise to be without atleast one of these syncing. At the moment, what I've had to do is memorise the time i watched up to in Zidoo player and then when going back to ZBMC, quickly mark the file as Unwatched, then to play it in the internal player and forward it to the same time i memorised and stop it there and let it synchronise! Thats a long tedious task which shouldn't have to be done.

I agree with you, these broken features can be quite huge for some people like me, and could make the difference between a purchase/return. Also the fact that the internal video player in ZBMC is broken and doesn't sync the audio correctly. These should be listed.

(2016-11-30, 12:16)nikos_a Wrote: About ZDMC and audio out of sync, I already mentioned that 1.2.7 has broke DTS-HD audio playback (beside the issue I described with dropping frames in a file at 60fps). I described the issues here. With 1.2.6 I was happy using ZDMC but at the moment some files are impossible to watch. I really hope that mirror or any other Zidoo dev will see my posts and check the issues because they are major ones.

Also, I will repeat it, zidoo, please use a better font for your player. The one currently used is good only for the VCS 2600.

Yes I'm having also issues with audio not syncing inside the internal player. They are completely out of sync by a huge amount of time.

Are you refering to the font used everywhere on the zidoo player or are you referring to the subtitle font the player uses? Because there is definitely a problem with the subtitles fonts when you start shrinking it down from the default 20. I went down to font 12 and the fonts characters were all overlapping each other as the letter spacing is too small. Please can this be fixed?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by KILLERNADS - 2016-11-30, 16:01
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8