Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-30, 23:51)solitarysolidarity Wrote: My new Zidoo X9S keeps giving me a Cache Full error (firmware 1.2.6) in Kodi when running certain apps.

Is clearing the cache daily just part of Kodi/Zidoo maintenance or is there a way to improve this? Either auto-clearing or increasing the cache limit on the X9S? Stuttering/freezing while streaming is getting frustrating.

Apologies in advance for my poor understanding of android boxes.

I will be running through the screenshots in post #1 to adjust each setting tonight. Not sure if that will fix it.

Also, in a somewhat unrelated note, is there any way to search for corruption or errors with an app/maintenance tool? Or is it just a matter of waiting for something to go wrong before trying to catch an issue (Ex. I had an app fail to launch due to a metadata issue which was solved by reinstalling the metadata - it would be nice to identify these kinds of issues by running a scan as opposed to waiting for an app to fail).

Edit:
Since I don't know how to edit .xml on an android box, the only solution I can seem to find is that I should install "Addon Installer" and use that to install "Maintenance Tool" and use the "Enable Zero Caching" option - is that correct?

Any reason the X9S is having this kind of issue anyways? I bought an expensive box thinking that I would avoid issues like this. Is it just a matter of me incorrectly setting it up or is Kodi designed with a low cache size? Does everyone deal with this cache full issue?

I had the same issues with cache full and a lot of stuttering/freezes with my X8 on 1.2.6. I did a lot of troubleshooting and it finally came down to my network switch. I had an old 100 mbit switch behind my receiver which had worked just fine for a long time. I had a Squeezebox, receiver, laptop connected for years without any issues. But when I changed to a new gigabit switch all problems with the Zidoo were gone. My guess is that the NIC is a little sensitive to what speed is it connected to. So please try that out.
HT Room: Yamaha RX-A 3020, BenQ W1070, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Audiovector M3 Super 7.1
Living Room: Yamaha RX-V 771, Samsung UE75H6475, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Zidoo X8

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by boboiusa - 2016-12-01, 01:09
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8