Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-11-30, 04:47)wrxtasy Wrote: External players are often used to address the extra video features of the Hardware directly without having to go through the proper Android Application Programming Interface channels and use Android's mediacodec from within Kodi.

It's basically a quick and dirty way to add custom SoC video support to Kodi and save time and money.

But these custom external players can come with compromises and break Kodi features like video resume and external subtitles.
Not sure what's up with ZDMC, but I know on the Mi Box when SPMC/Kodi is used with the external player software MX Player that will remember a Resume point. It's baked into MX Player.

There are very likely more (undiscovered) Kodi compromises to be found yet.
These are the reasons why such Kodi/external player solutions are frowned upon by the Kodi purists.

@hdmkv these important bugs/compromises must be written on Page#1 (if not already) of devices using such Kodi external player solutions. This is the stuff that is very important to Kodi end users.

i think is not right. Rolleyes
Zidoo x9s support lot codec reading mediacodec file.
it can playback without issues HD/FHD/UHD HEVC at 10 bit with kodi player .
it can playback mgp2/h.264/h.265 interlaced material with kodi player with hardware decoding .

so in theory (correct me if i am in wrong ) Zidoo x9s have best support with Android Application Programming Interface maybe better than shield and amlogic box.
As equal last hisilicon soc who support also video engine with mediacodec .

so from my point of view : kodi have bug and NOT support realtek/hisilicon soc,zidoo/himedia not have any bug with mediacodec.

we would be very happy to use vanilla kodi if there is support realtek/hisilicon soc about auto-switch fps and HD audio. Cool

but maybe I'm wrong ......Huh
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by looun - 2016-12-02, 11:49
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8