Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Ive been using the Zidoo for a few days now, the Zidoo player definitely gives a better picture then my nVidia Shield. But the in built ZDMC Kodi player is pure crap, rubbish and broken! Audio syncing being the main issue.

The zidoo player works really well for everything you throw at it, however it does have FONT problems with the downloaded subtitles, the characters overlap each other when you make the subtitle size smaller.

However, I'm not to impressed with the Zidoo box to be honest, and still double minded on whether to keep it or return it under the amazon return policy which is until feb. Coming from using SPMC on my nvidia shield, the Zidoo box is laggy, slow, and has a terrible terrible remote control!!!

The Nvidia Shield is so smooth to browse through the menus and navigate between everything, where as the zidoo box is a drag and you have to press buttons multiple times sometimes to get them to function at all as you intend.

But obviously i can not play all the files i can play with zidoo on the shield, which is the problem! If only the shield could have 3d ISO support Sad

Btw does anyone know why I'm getting sharper image on the zidoo then on my nvidia shield? Both have been manually set to a 4K resolution. The zidoo is on automatic, whereas the shield i have selected 4k@60hz and using that Ycrbr4:2:2 mode or something, changing to RGB produces a better image on the shield but then that also means you have to use 4K@24hz or something and that causes its own issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by KILLERNADS - 2016-12-02, 19:15
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8