Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2016-12-06, 03:04)couto27 Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 23:26)DaMacFunkin Wrote: Some sites like Vudu can offer DD+ with Atmos metadata, the claim that this is anywhere near as good as TrueHD with Atmos metadata or that the quality of the highly compressed bt2020 10bit 4K stream is anyway better or even in the same ballpark is absurd.
4K streaming is as good as high quality 1080p at best.
I've seen and heard it with my own eyes and ears.

Its True.. but at the moment digital streaming services provide the best disk-less content in 4K HDR.... avforum made small comparison here Shield streaming netflix VS Panasonic DMP-BDT300 Blu-ray Player.
I agree with @couto27. The Netflix engineers know their shit and know how to properly encode HEVC video content to a high quality standard.

Its all about 10-15 feet away viewing on the couch, are you going to be able to discern the difference in video quality anyway.

All these 4K HDR boxes you see getting about that are not Widevine Level 1, Microsoft Playready and Netflix approved really are not going to have a long term future as a go to all in one Kodi media player going forward. They will remain in their "Niche" media player market space.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by wrxtasy - 2016-12-06, 03:16
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8