Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
Hello new user of the zidoo x9s.

I have owned a popcorn hour A210 for years been a great product, despite the firmware not been updated in over a year because it's discontinued.Even movies with atmos plays back except a few and obviously does not do 3D. I have a oppo 93 with an external hard drive for the 3D movies and gives me full blu ray menus just like the popcorn hour.

So i thought i would treat myself and buy the best unit currently available according to the online reviews.
Well after days of hassle i'm ready to send back, i have posted on the zidoo forums but no solutions at the moment.
Current firmware installed 1.2.7.

1. within kodi i can sort of playback movies not using the external player, but when i use the explorer and set up a network share smb: e.t.c i can navigate the folders but then it will loose connection i have to reboot the player, which will happen again, an unknown error occurs.

2. within kodi i set use the external player, i get a pop up External player active click ok when playback has ended, i see small controls on a bar pause,stop etc. When i click ok nothing happens.

I have reset the box cleared apps tried everything with no solutions.

My equipment is a panasonic vt55 and a denon x2200 and a synology NAS.
not 4K which considering the problems i am having just as well.

Sorry if the above is in the wrong section please move if necessary but i am very frustrated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zidoo X9S & X8 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by gadgetman67 - 2016-12-09, 11:02
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8