Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-05-16, 01:10)flipmode009 Wrote: Ok I have some good news for people with the Zidoo x10 and I am assuming at least the x9s will be in the same boat for sure. A developer from Zidoo has confirmed to me that 1.4.4 is only an initial firmware update to build the BD Java section and to start implementing Kodi 17 properly. It is still ZDMC with Kodi 17 using a modified audio setup to implement pass-through audio, but eventually that will be a thing of the past. They confirmed that they are working on official android pass-though api, which this is where it gets good...once they finalize that api for these, that means that Netflix, Plex Android (not the Kodi plug-in), and Vudu and all those apps that people get the Nvidia Shield for will now be 100% on par regarding audio. Not sure if that also means the 4k streaming with Netflix or Vudu will be official though, but at least our Atmos/DTS:S/DTS-HD/TrueHD will be available in the native android system on this box. I am assuming that some of the audio sync and stuttering that happens when pausing and all that will clean up too, because that is no doubt an issue with their "modified" audio settings. I think the lag or sync comes from the box having to thread a couple extra tasks instead of allowing the Android OS to do it naturally. Good news right? I hope this becomes the Shield Killer!
Zidoo the shield killer? Please, don't make me laugh, zidoo never will have 4k netflix, and have a loooooooot of bugs to solve before considering it a decent mediacenter, shield plays in another leage

Enviado desde mi Z2 Plus mediante Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
HDR aspect ratio - by ragico - 2017-02-27, 23:03
RE: Zidoo X9S, X8 & X10 (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio): Review & User Impressions - by gacama - 2017-05-16, 01:20
F/W; whom writes it? - by casey-jones - 2018-12-29, 15:39
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8