• 115(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
(2017-06-24, 17:45)boblo Wrote:
(2017-06-24, 14:51)Vimaro Wrote:
(2017-06-23, 13:41)boblo Wrote: Firmware V1.4.6 for X9S is out since 15 minutes ago. From official forum:

Is it official? Why is not available in the official site for download?
https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/downloads.html
Yes, it's official. You can read original posts here:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...ased.5327/
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...ased.5352/
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...ased.5351/

I think they have had no time to update the web page.
I upgraded to 1.4.6 and it's OK.
To install ZDMC (KODI) 17 is necessary to remove the 16?
Will I loose my settings?
Its it stable?
What major changes has the Kodi 17 compared to 16?
I did the same updates and watches 2 3d is movies all the way through with HDMI audio raw settings and my amp shows working dtshd 7.1 in info menu on amp so all is good very impressed.

I did have a slight is hiccup not detecting one of my usb drives but sorted now just turned off and on few times.

Tested 100s of times now including unplugging

What I love more than himedia is that when you unplug the usb drive to add more media it keeps the same drive
Path so when scraping movies you don't get into a mess cause the drive letter changes.

Which in Windows you static assign but couldn't find option on himedia but this device does it without problems

Picture quality great blacks seem more black than my old htpc.

Overall quality htpc has slight edge but not much in it happy with this device.

And was so easy to access my share folder on win 10

Just enabled file sharing in win 10 which is enabled by default

And then went into zdmc smb put my pc user name and pass and played back some tv series.

So far so good.
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

(2017-06-26, 00:30)haxel666 Wrote: I did the same updates and watches 2 3d is movies all the way through with HDMI audio raw settings and my amp shows working dtshd 7.1 in info menu on amp so all is good very impressed.

I did have a slight is hiccup not detecting one of my usb drives but sorted now just turned off and on few times.

Tested 100s of times now including unplugging

What I love more than himedia is that when you unplug the usb drive to add more media it keeps the same drive
Path so when scraping movies you don't get into a mess cause the drive letter changes.

Which in Windows you static assign but couldn't find option on himedia but this device does it without problems

Picture quality great blacks seem more black than my old htpc.

Overall quality htpc has slight edge but not much in it happy with this device.

And was so easy to access my share folder on win 10

Just enabled file sharing in win 10 which is enabled by default

And then went into zdmc smb put my pc user name and pass and played back some tv series.

So far so good.

3 same type 4tb usb drives plugged in and sometimes one of the drives doesn't get recognized have to turn off and on several times to fix it annoying problem searched Google and zidoo forums no answer

Drives formatted the same and no problem with drives is Windows machine.

Same drive every time but both ntfs and similar files on them and same Seagate model.
NUC5I5RYH
yamaha RX-V777
BenQ w1070
samsung ue55nu7100

(2017-06-24, 13:56)Binnetie Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 10:57)nikos_a Wrote: Try with standalone Zidoo player (not through ZDMC) and see if the subs work properly.
I have tried that but i see the tags in de zidoo player (theater) alsof.

I tried 3 different files with <> tags (bold, italics, colors etc). All work fine. Not sure why this happen to you. You can always reset to factory defaults and/or ensure that subs are in utf8 encoding.
(2017-06-26, 10:02)haxel666 Wrote: 3 same type 4tb usb drives plugged in and sometimes one of the drives doesn't get recognized have to turn off and on several times to fix it annoying problem searched Google and zidoo forums no answer

Drives formatted the same and no problem with drives is Windows machine.

Same drive every time but both ntfs and similar files on them and same Seagate model.
You have HIT an Android OS Limitation:

(2017-05-02, 08:36)wrxtasy Wrote: From general reading it appears that to connect Multiple drives to Android boxes you have to:

- Root the device
- Use [root] StickMount App from Chainfire.

More info here:
http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p...-detection
https://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-...s-t3560007
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...b-issues-/

Windows/Linux/LibreELEC Kodi boxes have no such problems.

Watched Kong Skull Island last night in 3D and Atmos worked 100%. I have not put the last firmware on yet. Hopefully it keeps working the same.
(2017-06-27, 17:57)flipmode009 Wrote: Watched Kong Skull Island last night in 3D and Atmos worked 100%. I have not put the last firmware on yet. Hopefully it keeps working the same.

Thought atmos sound was only on the 2D disc?
(2017-06-28, 08:59)gadgetman67 Wrote:
(2017-06-27, 17:57)flipmode009 Wrote: Watched Kong Skull Island last night in 3D and Atmos worked 100%. I have not put the last firmware on yet. Hopefully it keeps working the same.

Probably REMUX iso
(2017-06-28, 09:36)tsainont Wrote:
(2017-06-28, 08:59)gadgetman67 Wrote:

Probably REMUX iso

Full disc and is DTSHD but never mind crap movie anyhow.

Impressed with the latest firmware still a few niggles but getting there. Full blu-ray menus not improved waiting for the alien movies to display that is the true test. Only my popcorn hour A210 from 4 years ago can do everything.
Zidoo is going to fix a color issue on non-video apps discovered by a skilled user.
More info on the color issue here.
Zidoo has certainly improved a lot of things over the past few months. I posted a review and a follow up review few months back. You can find it here and here. Current status with these bugs(v1.4.6) are (Native Zidoo Player)

1. Unit automatically turning on with HDMI-CEC off. Not Fixed
2. Subtitles with html tags not showing properly. Almost fixed.. It works 90% of the time. There are few random cases it does not work. as shown in the picture. I haven't found a pattern. It doesn't matter if it is embedded (not hardsub) or external subtitle. It won't render in some cases
3. Annoying sound when I pause movies with HD-Audio. Not Fixed
4. No resume with multiple files. Fixed. (Finally)
5. 720p bug. Fixed.
6. Random shutdown when Daydream(screensaver) feature is on. Fixed.

Point 1 I can live with. Point 3,well, I stop the movie instead of pausing to get around the annoying sound and then resume playback. My greatest concern was the remembering bookmark for multiple files which they've finally fixed. For this I'm happily give it an A now (B- was my original rating)

(2017-07-07, 06:29)rockhard Wrote: Zidoo has certainly improved a lot of things over the past few months. I posted a review and a follow up review few months back. You can find it here and here. Current status with these bugs(v1.4.6) are (Native Zidoo Player)

1. Unit automatically turning on with HDMI-CEC off. Not Fixed
2. Subtitles with html tags not showing properly. Almost fixed.. It works 90% of the time. There are few random cases it does not work. as shown in the picture. I haven't found a pattern. It doesn't matter if it is embedded (not hardsub) or external subtitle. It won't render in some cases
3. Annoying sound when I pause movies with HD-Audio. Not Fixed
4. No resume with multiple files. Fixed. (Finally)
5. 720p bug. Fixed.
6. Random shutdown when Daydream(screensaver) feature is on. Fixed.

Point 1 I can live with. Point 3,well, I stop the movie instead of pausing to get around the annoying sound and then resume playback. My greatest concern was the remembering bookmark for multiple files which they've finally fixed. For this I'm happily give it an A now (B- was my original rating)

I'm registered in Zidoo forums and recently I've asked for making a new fixed thread with our feature requests (and bug fixes) for Zidoo players X8/X9S/X10. Moderator HaoSs told me that needs authorization from upper management, but he believes that will achieve that. I encourage you to register in Zidoo forums to post your bugs and/or feature requests.
Hello all,

It's been a long time since I came on the forum.

My last tests was with fw 1.3.0

Last night I installed the fw 1.4.6 and I did some quick tests.

I am very impressed by the work of the team zidoo, some problems that I had before disappeared, and new functions have emerged.

I did not try the zdmc 17.3

I only use their home theater app

---------------

My equipment

Sony 65X930C (HDMI enhanced)
Onkyo 656 (4k/hdcp 2.2/HDR)
Cable Monster Ultra HD Platinum
Focal dome 5.1.2 ou 7.1 according to the tests
NAS personal cloud / SMB
HDD WD Red 3TO
Wired Gigabit Ethernet

----------------

I also have the following devices

Zidoo X8
Egreat A5 and A10
Himedia Q10 pro
Nvidia Shield TV

----------------

My first impression

The HDMI 2.0 standard is respected

The problem of cut of sound or image with some demos UHD are resolved

The box switches with the correct parameters according to the video format

The blu ray menu works properly (ISO 2D and 3D)

Their home theater work properly, i like their filter system, we find the movie we want very quickly

----------------

Note:

My receiver Onkyo 656 takes a few seconds to switch to the right frequency, It's almost instantaneous when I plug the Zidoo directly to my Sony TV.

----------------

to be continued...
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Please do more tests. We, users in Zidoo forum, are trying to gather new bugs not solved in 1.4.6 yet and new feature requests in a new sticky thread. We are waiting for admins authorization to get this thread created.

Thank you.
hi, i just buy zidoo x9s with 1.3 firmware

do i need to update the firmware?
because i read there's many complain with the new firmware.

thank you
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8